Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sticky40
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Re: SoundLink Air Wi-Fi Setup Application

mogelijk kan ik helpen?

Ik heb ook last gehad van dit probleem. ik heb de soundlink2 verwijderd van mijn MAC os BIG SUR. 

Ik heb de alternatieve installatie manier geprobeerd , maar er kwam geen verbinding.

Ik dacht dat het lag aan het contact maken met bluetooth. (zoals het normaal contact maakte met de Sound link en herkenbaar aan het bluetooth-logo)

Nu heb ik op het luidsprekertje gedrukt (geluid) en ik kon bij uitvoer kiezen voor de soudlink, verbonden via airplay. Het werkt weer.

Succes!

kashiouris@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2020

Same problem here. The "latest" app is only for 32 bit macs. Does not work with Catalina or Big Sur. Apple says that Bose will need to update the software 

giorauda
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

I have the new Mac Big Sur and cannot connect to wifi - BOSE needs to update the application. When will this happen?

0LS0
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Please update the software for this product BOSE, we are all hoping to keep using the SoundLink Air Wi-Fi because it is awesome. It would be a great shame to see this product go down the drain just because it can't connect...

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards. 

Vicky_W

@0LS0, thank you for posting. If you have tried all of the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread, please do reach out to us as we would love to help. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
0LS0
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your comment. 

I have tried all troubleshooting available and it looks as though everyone else in this thread has also tried all the different troubleshooting. We recognise that it is unable to connect because the software is out of date and incompatible. My speaker is in great condition and I have enjoyed it immensely, although it is hard to believe that I spent $4 to 500 on this speaker when it was new (as much as a current new SMART soundbar) and it has not been followed through by Bose.... 

0LS0
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Hi Vicky,

Please provide us options to seek help with this issue.

Thank you,

Luke 

briano
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2021

Here's what worked for me. The good news is that you do not need to worry about downloading and installing any software to run this.

1. Perform factory reset by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds until light flashes orange.

2. Power off speaker for 30 seconds.

3. Power on speaker

4. hold reset button for 2 seconds until solid organge light

5. On your computer, change Wifi to connect to BoseSoundLink Air Network

6. On your computer, open a web browser and enter http://192.168.1.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter name of wifi network and password. 

Done!

Good luck!

Langers
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2021

Bose SoundLink Air

Bose product name SoundLink Air

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds, NC700, Portable Home Speaker, etc.)

Country

Firmware Version 

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

No clue, but couldn't upgrade when trying to download the set-up application and had to do it manually using reset button

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

iMac v 11.4 Big Sur

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Unit connects with my iMac and occasionally drops out (although my iPhone in the same position remains connected to my house wifi) - but this is not the issue. Volume control is the problem......... volume appears to be "master-controlled" from my iMac and, although I can change the volume on the SoundLink via its handset, as soon as a song finishes, it defaults back to the volume setting on the iMac. When I look on the iMac at the Bose connection via the sound control on my iMac and select Sound Preferences it tells me that "the selected device has no output controls" i.e. it doesn't recognise then Bose handset.

Where do you run into the issue?

When I play music via the SoundLink

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Yes it worked OK previously but, since I got a new iMac this problem has started

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Disconnected and reconnected using the reset button - made no difference

Jlainez
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2021

Re: Bose SoundLink Air

Up ! 

Same problem with Windows 10 : 

- Application crashed 

- Reset button after 15s don't switched in blink orange and stays in Fix Orange, no WIFI network appear

Impossible to connect to my WIFI