SoundLink Air system blue light blinking

Quiet Contributor

SoundLink Air system blue light blinking

Hi,

My SoundLink Air speaker stopped working last night. The dark blue light keeps blinking and I get error when I connect the device to my computer to set up the network again with the app. I followed all the suggestions I could find in other threads in this forum and nothing works, not even resetting the device as I get a solid amber light but no network called Bose Soundlink.

I contacted the local support in my country, Portugal, whose contact I found on your website, and I was told (in quite a rude fashion I might add) that the Soundlink Air speakers were not supported anymore.

Is it true? Is there anything Bose can do to help me with this?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Re: SoundLink Air system blue light blinking

Hello BrunoM,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the community! 

The dark blue LED indicates that your device is attempting to connect to wifi, whereas once trying to reset the solid amber indicates your device has entered the alternate setup mode. 

Can you explain what other troubleshooting methods you have attempted? As it sounds like your speaker is having issues connecting to your home network. 

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience with our Portugal phone line, this is not what we would expect. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Quiet Contributor

I tried to connect the speaker to my MacBook but I get an error every time. I unplugged the speaker, waited 30 seconds, and nothing works.

Then I tried to reset several times but I get a solid ambar light but no network called Bose Soundlink shows.

I am not sure what else to do.

Hi BrunoM, 

Thanks for your posts. I am sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. I have a few questions I would like to ask to get a better understanding of your issue:

• What error is the Mac presenting when you try to connect the speaker? 
  • Have you updated the speaker to the latest firmware? 
  • Has the speaker been connected to your wifi before?
  • Have you recently changed anything to do with your WiFi network? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

Please find my answers in green.

• What error is the Mac presenting when you try to connect the speaker? I connect it with the USB cable to the laptop; open the Bose SoundLink Air Wi-Fi Setup Application; the app starts but I get an error saying that an error has occured and I must disconnect the speaker from the computer and unplug from power, quit the app, restart it and follow instructions (which I did several times without success)
  • Have you updated the speaker to the latest firmware? No, and I'm not sure how to do that
  • Has the speaker been connected to your wifi before? Yes
  • Have you recently changed anything to do with your WiFi network? No

Hi BrunoM, 

Thanks for getting back to us! Could you please try the following steps for me? 

1. Place the SoundLink Air system within range of a Wi-Fi enabled computer or mobile device
  2. Disconnect any cables or power cords connected to the SoundLink Air system and wait 15 seconds
  3. Connect the SoundLink Air system to power and wait 30 seconds
  4. Press and hold the Reset button on the bottom of the SoundLink Air System for at least two seconds until the Wi-Fi indicator turns solid amber.
  5. Wait for an audio tone (after approximately 30 seconds) before proceeding
  6. Using the Wi-Fi enabled computer or mobile device, connect to the "BoseSoundLink Air Network"
  7. Open a browser and in the address bar enter http://192.168.1.1
  8. Follow the on-screen instructions. 

Please note whilst the system tries to connect to the WiFi, the LED light may flash blue for around 5 minutes, this is normal. Once the set up is complete, you will need to check for available updates for your system. To do this please press and hold mute for around 5 seconds whilst watching the front WiFi LED. Once the LED light changes please let go. 

WiFi LED's and their meanings: 

Blinks green 4 times - System software is up to date

Blinks green continuously - a System software update is being downloaded

Solid green for 3 seconds, followed by a double blink - System software update is being installed. Once complete, the system will emit a tone and automatically restart

Red 3 times - System software update check could not be performed. No Internet connection or battery power is too low

Red continuously - System error or the connection to the Internet was lost during the update. 

Please let me know which light you see. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on! 

Many Thanks, 

Vicky W 

Quiet Contributor

As I already stated in my previous posts, I already performed this step. The speaker has the solid ambar light but none of my nearby devices (macbookk, iphone) shows a BoseSoundLink Air Network.

Hi BrunoM, 

Thanks for updating us on this. I would recommend performing a factory reset before attempting the alternative set up. 

You can perform a factory reset via: 

• Disconnect the power supply from the power outlet

• If the optional battery pack is connected, remove the battery pack from the back of the unit

• Wait 30 seconds

• Reconnect the power supply to a working power outlet. An ascending tone should be heard

• Press and hold the Reset button on the bottom panel until the Wi-Fi LED changes from solid amber to off; this will take 10 to 15 seconds

• When the reset is complete, the Wi-Fi indicator should blink amber. If it does not, the reset was not performed successfully. 

• If the optional battery pack connected previously, it can now be reattached

Then please follow the Alternative Set up as recommended above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Silent Starter

I have the same issue. When I press and hold the reset button it does not blink Amber, but stays solid.

Hi Mike Hanna,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your SoundLink Air Digital Music System. 

Were you able to factory reset your product as mentioned above? 

What process are you trying to perform when the reset button remains solid amber? If this is for the factory reset, this is meant to happen. It could take 10-15 seconds or even more, to turn off.

Let me know if this helps and if you need any further help, please do reach out.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G