SoundLink Mini II Flashes Red and Reboot sequence does not work

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

SoundLink Mini II Flashes Red and Reboot sequence does not work

I have researched trouble shooting methods and found that the speaker can enter a "shipping" or "power saving" mode. I have attempted to resolve this by holding the multi-function button for 10 seconds until the light blinks yellow. I then unplugged the AC power cord and pressed the power button as instructed. The speaker still does not power on. I also attempted to update the speaker through the Bose website to resolve the issue but this has also failed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Mahalo!

4 REPLIES 4
Wistful Whiz

Re: SoundLink Mini II Flashes Red and Reboot sequence does not work

I don't think that's the shipping mode issue.

I have seen this work before:

Go to BTU.bose.com

Type a d v (uparrow) (downarrow) to enter the advanced mode of the site.

Plug in the mini by USB and reload the current firmware.  it may take 5-10 minutes to do so.

It takes about five minutes but it seems to fix it most of the time

Quiet Contributor

Has anybody else heard of this method? Is it possible to get a more detailed explanation of this process? Thanks in advance.

Audible Advocate

I think you'll have a much higher chance of finding your desired answer in the proper forum...

Here you'll find your tribe, go join themSmiley Wink

https://community.bose.com/t5/Portable/bd-p/bluetooth-speakers

Wistful Whiz

To be honest, that's as detailed as the instructions get.

Go to website, plug speaker in with USB cable.

Type:  A D V          click the up arrow, then the down arrow (there's nowhere to type it in, just use the keyboard)

The screen refreshes in advanced mode which shows what version you can load on.  You used to be able to load old versions, but it will now just show the current one.

Click update

the speaker will go through the process and most likely the light will come on and off a couple of times.

I've seen it work on a fair few, but if it doesn't work the next step is to contact your local Bose number and find out what a repair costs.