Highlighted
NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

SoundTouch 10/20/30 SA5 always on support after 22.0.2

I just wanted to say that the recent update might have been minor for a lot of people but the addition of a "toggle to disable power saving mode on the SoundTouch 10, SoundTouch 20, SoundTouch 30 and SA-5 Amplifiers" has been fantastic 😃

It is a solution I have been waiting years for and I was beginning to fear that it would never arrive. Yes, it's a feature that should have been included as far back as 2016, but at least it's here now and I am very thankful for its addition.

The only things left on the bucket list are:

• Airplay 2/Apple HomeKit
  • Google Home Support
  • Allow for other SoundTouch systems to be in a Stereo Pair
  • Android Widget (at least like the Apple version)
  • Not allow Clear All in notifications (on Android) to Clear the ST notification control. Other apps like YouTube & Music apps are persistent in notifications and do not disappear.
  • Fix Spotify so it uses the newest SDK to allow for free accounts with ads and casting.
  • Chromecast (yes I know it cant happen doesn’t mean I can't dream 😉)
  • More Music services (yes I know I'm dreaming here also 😜)

With all the hell you guys get, thought I would at least say thanks for adding this. It does make a difference. Please don't stop now and get the rest of the list done before SoundTouch is abandoned.

p.s. Can you make it so you can toggle the settings if you have 2 SoundTouch 10's in a stereo pair? Currently you must unpair them to toggle the setting and then you have to repair them 🤷‍♂️

4 REPLIES 4

Re: SoundTouch 10/20/30 SA5 always on support after 22.0.2

Hello NeonsNight, 

Many thanks for the feedback on the latest update. I'm thrilled to hear it has had a positive impact on your usage! 

Support for the SoundTouch family is not ending any time soon, so I'd guess at least some of the things on your list are being worked on. Airplay 2, Definitely, Spotify, I fed this back recently, and this is currently being looked into, no news yet, but as soon as we have anything, we'll make sure it's posted on the Community first! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Thanks Jeff,

I do expect Airplay 2 sometime this year, though I will admit I did expect it by at least by the beginning of July as it is the middle of the year. I know you can't say when it'll come out, so I'll just have to be patient.

Was my memory incorrect? Is Google Home support also coming to SoundTouch or was that only anounced for the Home Speakers?

It would be nice if Spotify could be updated, but the other points you skipped over, so I hold little hope for them 🤷‍♂️

You did miss one that I'd like for you to pass along "Can you make it so you can toggle the settings if you have 2 SoundTouch 10's in a stereo pair? Currently you must unpair them to toggle the setting and then you have to repair them"

Community Manager

Hey NeonsNight,

Thanks for your message.

We haven't announced any information pertaining to Google Home support for our SoundTouch range - but we're continually exploring emerging technology so that we can assess the benefits that it could provide to our customers. 

And of course - we'd be happy to formally log your feedback from power-saving mode on Stereo paired SoundTouch 10 speakers, I'm aware that yourself and other users like the thread HERE have raised similar concerns and we always appreciate your feedback and thoughts!

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest,

Andy B

NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Andy_B wrote:

We haven't announced any information pertaining to Google Home support for our SoundTouch range - but we're continually exploring emerging technology so that we can assess the benefits that it could provide to our customers. 

Da-mn 😔 (why is d a.mn considered a cuss word?)

Airplay 2/HomeKit & Google home support are two features I thought were guaranteed. Now I know it is only one.

That’s really scary for those who believe SoundTouch is in its waning years now and fear that major additions will basically stop after Airplay 2 is released 😬