Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

SoundTouch 10 - Cannot connect time wifi anymore

I have SoundTouch 20 plus I recently bought x2 SoundTouch 10. I sent x1 SoundTouch 10 back and bought another one - for the same reason I am writing now. 
The set up was great, but since it dropped it is impossible to get back on, reset to factory has been tried. I’ve deleted from the app. I’ve moved it to another part of the home next to a speaker or next to a router and still cannot connect. 
It goes through the motions but will not connect to the network - white light blinking, “connection Timed out”.

this is my second purchase and very disappointed the same issue is happening - note the other SoundTouch 10 has performed well, not perfect but at least it reconnects when dropped. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 10 - Cannot connect time wifi anymore

Hi Samsco,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

it's very strange that this only seems to be happening with one of your speakers and the other will connect to the network. It's even stranger that it has happened again after you have replaced the speaker!

When you are connecting to the Wi-Fi network, are you doing this with the SoundTouch app, or are you using the alternate setup method? If you haven't done so already, I would recommend using the alternate setup method and see if this allows you to connect to your network.

Do you have any form of MAC filtering setup on your router? If you do, then the router will only allow certain devices to connect which would explain why certain speakers are unable to connect. If you do, try either turning this off, or adding the speakers MAC address to the list of allowed devices.

You can find the MAC address of the speaker by following these steps:

• Place the speaker in setup mode by pressing and holding 2 and Vol -.
  • Connect a phone, tablet, or computer to the Bose setup network the speaker will be broadcasting.
  • Open a web browser and go to 192.0.2.1:8090/info 
  • The page that loads will contain both MAC addresses for the system.

I hope this helps! Let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.