Robanderson 249
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pair with AirPlay 2

Hi. I’m trying to keep my 2 SoundTouch 10 speakers paired and use them on airplay 2 as a pair. the speakers don’t show up at all as speakers to select when paired in the Bose app, however they will when I separate them. 

I understand that you can just select both speakers separately and it will work. The only problem is that these 2 are wall mounted and we quite often use the preset buttons for radio and whilst separated, the sound isn’t synced turning them on individually. 

any help would be appreciated

thanks. 

25 REPLIES 25
Koenraad.Peeters
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pair with AirPlay 2

Unable to use airplay2 on a SoundTouch10 stereoPair.

it works with the individual speakers when stereopair is disconnected as pair.

Charlotte_G

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community!

I appreciate that you are wishing to take full advantage of Airplay 2 now that it is integrated into your SoundTouch speakers. Regrettably, stereo pairing is not something that is available in this scenario. Stereo pairing changes the latency of the speakers and makes the SoundTouch audio subsystem and the AirPlay2 integration incompatible at the same time.

I'm deeply sorry if this may disappoint you. Of course, you can still enjoy the benefits of stereo pairing whilst streaming via the SoundTouch application or through Bluetooth.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
RottedEggs
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Will you be looking at bringing stereo pairing via Airplay 2 at any point?

uribery
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

Hello.

This airplay2 update is awesome for me. 

Thank you very much.

I have two ST-10s.

As you know, the legacy stereo pairing is not availabe with airplay2.

So, if I can select the playing channel, It looks like a simple alternative to stereo pairing.

For examples, one ST-10 plays a left channel, and the other ST-10 plays a right channel.

The music sync is already adjusted in airplay2 protocol.

In my thought, this is a simple workaroud for stereo pairing with airplay2.

Of course, at least,  left, right, center options are required.

Maybe these options may be controlled in Bose app. ^^

Thanks in advance.

AK75
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Hi, 

As many, I’m very happy with the last update ! At least I can use my SoundTouch this way, thanks Bose 🙂 

I was asking myself why my 2 pair of ST10 couldn’t be used with AirPlay and I understand the answer above. Also, the possibility of choosing the canal (left, right and centre) looks like a way to resolve the latency issue. 

It’s seems like the IOS Home application allows creating a stereo pair of speakers but not with ST, at this time. This could be another way to get full advantages of our speakers. 

Best regards 

PtUser
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Hey all,

I also found this limitation yesterday when I got the firmware upgrade.

But I found another issue after firmware upgrade:

One of mine ST10 doesn’t seem to upgrade the firmware after I separate the Stereo pair.

I tried “Resetting the system” with “1 and Sound-“, and I tried “Updating the system software” with “4 and Sound-“ but nothing seems to work.

This particular one was in a stereo pair by the time the upgrade came. (I have 4 ST10)

Now, in this one, the new Airplay 2 sign does not appear and I can’t play Airplay sources, although it still works in all the other scenarios.

Anyone got this issue? Any turnaround for it, Thanks

Martinrobertpaul
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

SoundTouch 10 AirPlay not working when in stereo pair

After successfully upgrading my two bose sound touch 10 speakers, I am able to play airplay 2 music on them individually . However I normally have these set as a STERIO PAIR and can confirm that AirPlay does not work whilst in this mode. Disappointing as I have waited patiently for two years for AirPlay and sterio pair is a major feature of Bose.

Are there any solutions please

misterc
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Thanks for this info. I’m still trying to keep my two ST 10 paired in stereo and use AirPlay 2 with them. But as explained by the Bose rep it does not work because of a latency issue.!I like your tip, but unfortunately I don’t quite understand your work around. Can you please provide me with more details? Do I need to have one of the two speakers hard wired to the sound source to make your work around work? Thanks for your help.

PtUser
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Hi misterc, probably I didn’t explain correctly.

I didn’t found any work around for the stereo pair to work with Airplay 2.

I found another issue when the firmware upgrade arrived to my stereo pair:

One of my speakers did not upgrade, and does not work with Airplay 2 even after I separate de stereo pair.

I tried reset to factory settings, manual force the upgrade, and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone can advise a solution for this issue?

Thanks.