Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

SoundTouch 10 WiFi connection with range extender problem

I have three soundtouch 10 speakers   One connects on my main router and two through a range extender. All have been working correctly until I’ve had to replace the main router. One soundtouch connects correctly to the main router but the two connecting through the same range extender will now not connect. I’ve tried factory reset and now I only have blue flashing light for over an hour which I cannot get rid of and the speakers will not connect. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 10 WiFi connection with range extender problem

Hey @JimmyH,

That seems odd! I assumed to connect the one SoundTouch speaker that is working, you reconfigured your main router.

Have you yet reconfigured the range extender to work with the new router? This may be why the other two speakers are struggling to connect.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

I also have an issue with this. I have two soundtouch 10s and there is no issue when I don't have the extender connected; however, when I do, it's really jittery and jarring. Sometimes almost completely like it's on another network (which it definitely isn't). I'd love to get more but not if they won't work with the extender. 

Highlighted

Hi Robb,

Welcome to the community.

You definitely should be able to use your SoundTouch speakers with a Wi-Fi extender, so it is strange that you are having these issues when you are using yours. As the issue only appears when using the extender it is very possible that there are some settings in the network that would need looking at. 

So I can gather some information on your setup and look into this with you, could you please let me know what make/model of extender you are using? Also, if you could let me know the make/model of router that would be very helpful as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.