Highlighted
vtmcginnis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

SoundTouch 10 Wireless Reconnection Issues

I have a pair of SoundTouch 10 wireless speakers set up as a stereo pair.  When they work, they work great.  However, whenever my router gets reset (several times per week) I end up having to go through the entire set-up process all over again, from discovery to adding the speakers to my network and then linking them into a stereo pair. 

The speaker firmware is up-to-date.  The app on my iPad is up-to-date.  The SoundTouch app doesn't seem to have any way of remembering my wireless password, which is a royal PITA, but makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Am I just not doing something correctly?

Mike

1 REPLY 1

Re: SoundTouch 10 Wireless Reconnection Issues

Hi Mike, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your SoundTouch 10 following a router reset. 

It sounds like this isn't an issue with the speaker's remembering a password. If the WiFi indicator is still solid white, it will still be connected to the network. When you are reconnecting the speaker to the app, you should be able to click 'speaker already connected to the network' and it should pop up. It may be dropping off the app as the router reset may prompt a change in IP address so the app can no longer see it. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support