SoundTouch 10 flashing amber activity light

I connect to WiFi ok but no music comes out and inidicater lamp flashes Amber 

11 REPLIES 11
Janichol
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Re: SoundTouch 10 flashing amber activity light

I'm having the same problem for the past 2 weeks.  I've tried to connect to wifi, but just won't do it.  

M G Midget
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Mine connects to wifi OK and it says its connected on my phone, but no  music is played even when spotify says its connected.

Amber activity lights flashes all the time

Charlotte_G

Hi all, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. Welcome to @Daveylarge & @M G Midget for making their first posts. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are all having some connectivity issues with your SoundTouch 10 systems. 

My first recommendation would be to perform resets. To do this: Turn off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. When power is reconnected, a tone is heard.

Secondly, please ensure that your system is running the latest firmware version. This can be done via the SoundTouch app, or manually by following instructions on this article. 

Once you have done both of the above steps, test your devices and get back to me with the results.

I look forward to hearing back from you all. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
M G Midget
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Hi Charlotte

Tried both instructions and still  have the same problem.

I apparently have the latest software according to the App.

Once it is connected again to my phone via Bluetooth, Spotify acknowledges it is connected, but no sound except a clicking noise comes out of the speaker, then after a minute or two the far right indicator lamp starts flashing.

Thanks

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hello M G Midget,

Thanks for providing an update for us. 

That is interesting - are you specifically connected to the SoundTouch 10 speaker via the Bluetooth connection of your mobile device? What phone/tablet/computer are you using to pair with the speaker? 

The far-right LED for the speaker is the SoundTouch icon. This will only illuminate when the speaker is set to input audio specifically from a Wi-Fi audio source, not Bluetooth. Does the LED illuminate when the Bluetooth LED is also illuminated on the front of the speaker? For reference, information on what each of the LED status indicators on your speaker's means can be found HERE.

If you're specifically experiencing audio issues when using a Bluetooth connection to the SoundTouch 10 speaker, it may be beneficial to perform a Bluetooth reset on the system. To do this, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the top of the speaker, until the Bluetooth indicator double-blinks white, then release. Following this, on your connected devices such as phone or tablet locate the previous Bluetooth pairing to the speaker via the general Bluetooth settings, and use the "Forget this device", or "Remove this device" function. Then, attempt pairing the devices together again.

Should the issue still persist, there may be a fault with the speaker drivers in the speaker. Have you tested using any alternative music sources to the speaker, such as connecting an auxiliary cable to input audio directly to the speaker?

Let us know how you get on!

Kindest,

Andy B

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
M G Midget
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

Hi Andy

To answers your questions I have copies and pasted your message and responded to each line

That is interesting - are you specifically connected to the SoundTouch 10 speaker via the Bluetooth connection of your mobile device? What phone/tablet/computer are you using to pair with the speaker? Iphone 8 which has worked well before either utilising itunes or spotify

The far-right LED for the speaker is the SoundTouch icon. This will only illuminate when the speaker is set to input audio specifically from a Wi-Fi audio source, not Bluetooth. Does the LED illuminate when the Bluetooth LED is also illuminated on the front of the speaker? For reference, information on what each of the LED status indicators on your speaker's means can be found HERE. Totally agree about Sound Touch Icon, but it becomes a flashing amber light either with Bluetooth or wifi connected once you try to play from any souce

If you're specifically experiencing audio issues when using a Bluetooth connection to the SoundTouch 10 speaker, it may be beneficial to perform a Bluetooth reset on the system. To do this, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the top of the speaker, until the Bluetooth indicator double-blinks white, then release. Following this, on your connected devices such as phone or tablet locate the previous Bluetooth pairing to the speaker via the general Bluetooth settings, and use the "Forget this device", or "Remove this device" function. Then, attempt pairing the devices together again. I have done all this a few times and also rebooted wifi connectivity to see if either of these were the issue

Should the issue still persist, there may be a fault with the speaker drivers in the speaker. Have you tested using any alternative music sources to the speaker, such as connecting an auxiliary cable to input audio directly to the speaker? Tried this using a two way jack and once again nothing came out of the speaker.

Appreciated all your help

Regards

John

Jeff_G

Hey John,

Many thanks for getting back in contact with us.

Based on your troubleshooting, I would recommend reaching out to technical support in your country to discuss service options.

Details can be found here. 

Kindest,

Jeff G

Deadbone24
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Andy,

I've reset everything (more than once), but no luck.  I tried the manual update, but I still cannot connect to the wifi.  I get the following message:  There was a problem checking for the update  (4004/0).

Bluetooth works fine.

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Daveylarge,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you have tried the troubleshooting steps without any luck. I would be more than happy to try to help you out with this today, can you confirm that you have tried resetting your router? Have you also checked to make sure there is no interference between the router and the SoundTouch system? This could be furniture in the way, walls or even having too many other electronic products connected to the router.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C