Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

SoundTouch 10 no longer able to preset Spotify Playlists

Following an (unwanted) software update for my SoundTouch 10, not only did all of my presets vanish, but I can not re-add my spotify playlists. I get "Sorry, you can't add as a preset". **bleep**? This has worked fine for years.

Can I roll the software back or is there a fix in the works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 10 no longer able to preset Spotify Playlists

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tick

Hi Tick, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I understand that I'm sorry to hear that your still experiencing issues. 

Were you able to remove the music service as per my previous post? If not I would recommend this. 

Are you able to access Spotify at all in the Application? 

Let me know how you get on?

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Hi Tick, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the Soundtouch 10 Presets. I'd be happy to assist you in any way that I can. 

Do you have Spotify premium? 

I would recommend removing Spotify and re-adding it. To do this, Go to the three lines in the top left > go down to settings> Music Services > Spotify > select your email address and delete. 

Once deleted re-add the service in the same way. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

Yes, I hace Spotify Premium.

It isn't a problem starting a spotify playlist playback, using the spotify app (the speaker shows up fine there).

The problem is adding it as a preset. That doesn't work using the SoundTouch program, smartphone app OR the pressing and holding buttons on top of the speaker. It doesn't matter which device I used to start the spotify play prior to attemting to add the preset.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tick

Hi Tick, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I understand that I'm sorry to hear that your still experiencing issues. 

Were you able to remove the music service as per my previous post? If not I would recommend this. 

Are you able to access Spotify at all in the Application? 

Let me know how you get on?

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2019

OK, this time it worked. Thanks for the help.

- Tick

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

after trying the steps listed above in the original post, I'm still not able to get my spotify presets to start playing. I can only get spotify to play if I connect to the speaker via bluetooth.

When trying to reset or set my presets with a spotify playlist, I get the error message: "sorry, you can't set that as a preset"

The only preset that currently is working is a radio station I have preset via Tune in.

Highlighted

Hi splendorifka,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this issue and the troubleshooting you have tried so far has been unsuccessful. I would be happy to help with this.

Have you been trying to set your presets using the SoundTouch app, or the buttons on the speaker/remote? Are you able to set a preset using either method or is it just one that is having difficulty?

The next thing I would recommend you do to resolve this is log out of the SoundTouch app on your device, then log back in. To do this, you would want to go to the menu > Settings > Account, then selecting sign out. The app will prompt you to log in again afterward.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Hi Keith -

thanks for the help.

I'm having issues with my spotify presets regardless of which way I try to access: via buttons on the speaker, remote and in the soundtouch app. When I try to select one of the presets, the soundtouch indicator blinks white.

My wi-fi signal is working, as the wi-fi indicator is a solid white.

I tried your suggestion, logging off and then logging back into the sound touch app. Turned off my soundtouch unit and unplugged briefly and tried again, but with no luck.

What should I try next?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Highlighted

Hi Stephanie, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that this has not resolved your issue.

I would suggest removing Spotify and re-adding it to your application. You can do this by heading to the settings menu and scrolling down to music service, then remove. You can follow the same steps to add it back. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Thanks Jessie!

I tried that as well with no luck. I still am not able to listen to or reset any of my presets with Spotify.

Any other suggestions to try?