Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

SoundTouch 10 with AirPlay: how to switch back to it, on device?

AirPlay is working well from a Mac running Mojave. A couple of questions:

1. After I switch the Soundtouch locally (i.e, on the device) to one of the six radio stations, how do I subsequently switch back to the AirPlay feed, locally? Right now, I have to go back to the AirPlay source Mac, and in Apple Music/iTunes, disconnect the Soundtouch and reconnect it again.

2. Related: when I go back to the Mac, iTunes/Apple Music still displays the SoundTouch as an active destination, although at that time the SoundTouch is currently playing an internet radio station. Is that correct, or am I missing something?

Also, possibly related: none of the internet radio stations were working this morning, but it all seems to be working again now. Did Houston have a problem, perchance? 😉

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 10 with AirPlay: how to switch back to it, on device?

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding your internet radio stations, TuneIn had a short outage and all there services should be back up and running, let us know if you are still having issues. 

You will not be able to switch to Airplay 2 locally on the device, you will need to switch to this through your source device. It is normal for the SoundTouch to be an active device even if it is playing another source. 

I hope this helps. If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!