Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

SoundTouch 20 - Spotify China

Dear support community,

I recently updated the firmware of my SoundTouch 20 (old version without Bluetooth). Afterwards I noticed that in my SoundTouch app (iOS) Spotify disappeared. Only Qplay is visible.  Further, preset function is not accessible with an error alert „Presets aren’t available in your region“ (I live in China).

The only way to listen to Spotify is via presets, where I before connected a certain playlist. I can also use the Spotify app in my iPhone to select different songs, but the music doesn’t load smoothly. Every few seconds it stops, buffer, and then start again. This is of course very disturbing. Internet is Fine, I tested to play Spotify directly over my phone speakers. 

If China is an issue, I could use a VPN but I wonder why I had before no issues and only recently.

Thank you for the help

Best regards

Yiwei

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 20 - Spotify China

Hello Yiwei, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Having looked online, I am unable to see that Spotify is available in China? I am using Spotify's website here. 

Can I please ask how you are connecting to Spotify via your phone? Are you using a VPN? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Hey

i am living in china and recently has problem with Preset bottom and when i push it says aren’t available in my region also all functions such as Tune in ,Spotify...

gone even with vpn doesn't work also there is no place for sign in with 

and Alexa can not find it 

tnx

Highlighted

Hello balaban25, 

Thanks for reaching out today. 

At Bose, we cannot guarantee compatibility with our services via a VPN. I would like to reach out to the community and ask if anyone in China has any experience with using a VPN for these services. We would value your input on this situation. 

In regards to not being able to select Spotify as a preset, as stated in my last post, this is because Spotify is not available in China. The stations available in China via the SoundTouch app are TuneIn and Qplay. 

As you are unable to get TuneIn to work, I would love to try some troubleshooting to see if I can help. Let's start by seeing if we can get TuneIn to work through the app, bypassing the presets. 

If this works, please can you follow the steps on this page here to delete and re-add your presets.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W  

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @balaban25,

I just wanted to jump on the back of Vicky's post with a couple of important updates regarding the SoundTouch services in China: TuneIn is no longer supported in China and the preset setting via the app has also been disabled in your region.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Please do get back to us if you have further questions.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 28, 2016

HelloRe: SoundTouch 20 - Spotify China

Hello

I use soundtouch 10 and 20 in china inced several years, as I can listen polish radio.

With less or more trouble I was able to use it.

I use VPN last 12 months, before I wrote link and so on..

But since beg od 2020 Bose cut complete all functions for china, and additional do not recognize location by vpn.

Sorry guys. You sell goods for hundreds od bugs and then cut functionality,. 

Bad guys.... 😞

Why you not recognize location  by IP ??? This would solve all issue in china.

Why you not allow add radio station by tip link???? This will also help. 

Finaly why you switch of presets????

With current functionality I can put your product to rubish bin. Sorry to day that, but it is reality. I hold always Bose as professional company. But now 😞

Seriously

Wojciech Ficek

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

Re: HelloRe: SoundTouch 20 - Spotify China

Hello everybody,

I could fix the same issue "Presets aren't available" today with the support of Bose. 🙂

The region is not stored in the device it's stored in the SoundTouch app on the phone and taken out of the personal account. Since in my current version of the SoundTouch app (probably Chinese version) had no menu item like "Account" I deleted the app and installed it again, while being connect via VPN to German IP address. After the installation I created a new account with a different Email address. I made a reset on my device (SoundTouch 300) and registered it in the SoundTouch app. After this process I had access to the Presets and could add and use my radio channels even I'm currently located in China. 😉 

Hopefully this process description helps you too, to solve the same issue.

PS: Up to now, I don't know if there is way to change the region of the existing account e.g. on a bose website, but the support mentioned the way with a new account.

By the way I hadn't the problem from the beginning in China, it started around the time where the new update was available with the new AirPlay feature (beginning of 2020) and I had also the problem that the music stopped frequently for a few seconds (buffering). Then I turned for testing the VPN off, probably this brought up all the changes and issues!?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Re: HelloRe: SoundTouch 20 - Spotify China

Hello, Dalmuti,
Thank you for this precise description.
Worked the same way for me!
I am German and also used a VPN to a German dial-up node (directly via the router).
BOSE is not coming into my house anymore!
The app has always sucked, even though they managed - after years - to make updates of the boxes via Wifi possible.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

"TuneIn is no longer supported in China and the preset setting via the app has also been disabled in your region.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you."

Are you out of your mind?

Where's the excuse?
The device has 6 preset buttons .... and for what stupid reason should they not be usable anymore?
TuneIn is blocked in China. So your stupid concept to switch from Internet Radio to TuneIn - with frustrating effects - has failed as well.
Besides all the problems your app had for years and that every box for 40 US Dollars from China does NOT have, I'm really fed up with your ignorance and arrogance!