Highlighted
rbenamotz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2015

SoundTouch 20 airplay issues with ios13.2

Since iOS 13.2 on iPhone and Catalina on my MBP I cannot use AirPlay. Neither iPhone nor MBP are able to see the speaker on the network.

Speaker is connected to the same network, SoundTouch App works etc.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundTouch 20 airplay issues with ios13.2

Hi rbenamotz, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are having some Airplay issues with your speaker and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please let me know if you have recently made any changes to your internet set up, as well as if you have attempted any troubleshooting steps so far so that I don't get you to repeat anything? 

I would also like to know if any other users are also having this issue with Airplay then please do let us know so that we can investigate this further. I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

rbenamotz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2015

Hi

Thanks  for the reply.  

I am unable to see the speaker from 3 devices: MacBook Pro, iPhone, and Apple TV.  All used to work well.  

I changed my cable modem to a faster one but that’s outside the router.  

I am using Google Wifi system with 3 base units.  

The SoundTouch app works flawlessly from my phone. My home automation server is also able to access the speaker without any problem. 

I have double checks that AirPlay optimization is enabled. 

Hope that helps 

Roey

Hi rbenamotz, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

It is strange that none of the devices can see the speaker, can you please ensure that the speaker is running the latest software via performing a manual update as listed here. I would also recommend that you perform a reset on the speaker and your internet router, you can reset the speaker by on the top of your product, press and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank. To perform the reset on your router simply disconnect it from power for a few minutes.

Please also ensure that the speaker and the devices are on the same internet network to be able to see each other, this may require connecting to the main base unit you mentioned. 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other community members are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Warm Regards, 

Hector B 

rbenamotz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2015

Hi

i had done all the steps, even changed the name of speaker (in case of some bad data in cache) and nothing helped. 

I got really curious so I brought more devices and it seems that the speaker is not compatible with iOS 13.2 but it does work well with iOS 13.1.3

I had taken an iPhone with iOS 13.1.3 - it worked great, I upgraded it to iOS 13.2 and it stopped seeing the speaker 

Hi rbenamotz, 

Thanks for posting and sharing this feedback with us! 

I would love to know if any other community members are having a similar issue with IOS 13.2? I have seen on a few other forums and articles that there are a few issues with IOS's Bluetooth settings at this moment in time with the latest update. 

If any other users are experiencing this issue please do let us know so we can investigate this further. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B