Wendal
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

SoundTouch 20 and 30 won’t display clock

Reposting in correct forum:

I have a SoundTouch 30 and three SoundTouch 20’s in my room. They invariably one by one stop displaying the clock over around 3-4 days. I use them in “play all” mode all the time. Can’t get the clock to show without unplugging and replugging each unit. Needless to say, this is a major hassle. I’ve toggled the clock on/off and reinstalled the app. What is causing this? I’ll stop using Alexa to control, if I have to, but that doesn’t seem to be it. Hopefully the solution to making the clocks show won’t be to stop grouping speakers...

8 REPLIES 8
Marty K.
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 20 and 30 won’t display clock

I don't have an answer to how or why, but I can confirm that you aren't the only one that this has happened to.  I have four ST20's and an ST30 and this has happened at least once on all of them since the last firmware update.  I haven't found any sort of pattern to when/why it happens but I've also seen the clock get stuck at 2:10 a couple of times, not sure if that is related to this issue or not.  Like you, the only way I've been able to get the clock to come back to normal is by unplugging the speaker and plugging it back in.    

Wendal
Participant
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Thanks for your reply. I had one get stuck at 6:15; it made me late for work lol.

I actually had these units spread out around the house and ended up putting them all in one room, using “play all” with Alexa because we never got persistent grouping. One huge concession. Now the clocks are all messed up and I have to pull power cords. I actually bought two of the Home Speaker 500’s because the Alexa integration on my SoundTouch units is so sketchy.

I LOVE the Bose sound and its product design but with all of these issues, when will I learn to let go?

Rock Dancing
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Just checking the forums to see if anyone else was noticing errors on their clock displays recently.  I first noticed it within the past month or so.  I'm relatively sure it was before I updated the ST app for the airplay release, but that it was after the firmware update to the speakers in early 2020.  Sometimes I ignore it and the clock comes back to normal on it's own, other times I reset by unplugging.

For reference, this was on my ST20 series III.  I also have a series 1 ST20, but I don't look at the clock on that one very often so I haven't noticed if that one has the same issue.

Marty K.
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

It hasn't ever happened that often to me - across 5 ST20 and 30 speakers, maybe a total of 10 times, and I too think it started happening after the firmware update in the later part of 2019 - the last one before the Airplay 2 update this year.  I think it last happened to me about a week and a half ago.

MHTSB
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

Hi there mate, 

I had the same issue and have been too busy to worry about it, but I had a little fiddle with the buttons and discovered that what fixed mine was simply pressing the number 4 button and the lower volume button that commences any updates again, I held the buttons for the required 5 seconds and waited the time for my speaker to either update or re-install any previous updates and suddenly the clock showed up! I also made sure the clock toggle in the speaker's settings was switched on, this may work for you or many not. Either way, good luck on your testing and I hope this fixes it! 

YorkshireBilly
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

My Soundtouch 20 has started doing this. The clock was stuck at 9:50 and when I switched the speaker off and on the clock has disappeared. I cannot seem to get it back. It has happened before but the clock did reappear.

I also have a soundtouch 10 which is fine.

Both my speakers are a few years old now. The 10 is the old portable one and neither have blue tooth.

Really annoying and disappointing to see that the problem has been around for a while. It may be me becoming cynical but I cannot help wondering if Bose have written off the old soundtouch in the hope that we all upgrade!

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@YorkshireBilly wrote:

My Soundtouch 20 has started doing this. The clock was stuck at 9:50 and when I switched the speaker off and on the clock has disappeared. I cannot seem to get it back. It has happened before but the clock did reappear.

I also have a soundtouch 10 which is fine.

Both my speakers are a few years old now. The 10 is the old portable one and neither have blue tooth.

Really annoying and disappointing to see that the problem has been around for a while. It may be me becoming cynical but I cannot help wondering if Bose have written off the old soundtouch in the hope that we all upgrade!

Sometime the clock preference turns off. Go into setting, turn the clock back on. Log out of your ST account then log back in.

GSim
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2020

Same here... soundtouch 30 some 6 years old  ( the version without bluetooth support)

Clock disappeared.... reappeard after hardreset ( dis connect power cord)..

Also have the impression that a late 2019 update causes this..

BOSE sounds great however software is  real crab.. as shown by this clock issue....

yesterday performed a factory reset to clear an old wifi network (yes it saves multiple) from memory.

After that the clock run 2 hours late ??  no way to change / set time zone..

off topic... support of  NAS / modern wifi systems in mega crap...

BOSE please get you act together and fix it..

Own a DENON amp with HEOS support .... no problem at all on the same network