sharanjee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

SoundTouch 20 input option restarts

Hi, 

I have bose sound touch 20. I have connected it to TV via Aux. Issue is whenever I switch on speaker I need to press button/remote/app to choose Aux option. I want Aux option default input even after power on. Can I do that? It always.starts with wireless. If I disable wireless option will it work? Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: SoundTouch 20 input option restarts

Hello Sharanjee, 

Thank you for reaching out. Welcome to the Bose Community! 

Just for clarification, can you please elaborate on what you wish to achieve? Is it that you want to be able to just press the power button and go straight to the Aux source? If that is the case, you can just press the AUX button on the remote control to power on/access the AUX source with a single button press.

I hope this helps! 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

sharanjee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Jeff, Yes, I want my speaker to go straight to the Aux source after power on. I don't want to press remote or click button. I want default Source as Aux. How can I do that? My parents are old they don't like to press buttons just to listen sound everytime. Please advise. Thanks Gaurav

Hi sharanjee, 

If AUX is the last used source, once turning on the speaker it should resume to AUX. Can you confirm if this happens or not?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

sharanjee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

No, its not happening. Whenever I switch on my speaker last used AUX option resets. Its always starts with wireless source. Then I manually click button to change source to Aux. I want default Source option Aux. How to do that? Please let me know.

Thanks

Gaurav

Hello sharanjee,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 20. This is absolutely something I would be able to help you with today, the system should not be doing this as it should be defaulting to the last source that was used. To try to remedy this, we can go through some troubleshooting steps, such as resetting the product and updating the system.

To reset your product:

• On the top of your product, press and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds until the display goes blank.

You can find steps on how to update your speaker HERE.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

hoekbrwr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

You most probably have a Bluetooth sender active and paired in the past with this speaker. When switching on under this situation it connects to this source automatically. It should not, but it happens! I think this is a BUG in the software! So only switch on your BT sources when you really want to use them! It also regularly happens that volume jumps to maximum which could cause heart attach when starting the speaker, you can hear it from 100 metres!

sharanjee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Zoe,

Issue is still there, default source is wireless. Whenever I switch on speaker means power supply is given then it takes source wireless. I have to press button to change source AUX .I want default source as AUX. Please let me know how to do that?

Thanks,

Gaurav

sharanjee
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi,

When I press button for Bluetooth then only it connects. Otherwise it doesn't connect with Bluetooth. I use AUX only source. I want it as default. Please advise.

Thanks

Gaurav

Hi Sharanjee, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry to hear that this issue still persists. 

Can you please attempt to select the AUX option inside the Bose SoundTouch App and then force close the application? Once this is done please power off the speaker and attempt the Aux connection. 

If it does not power on as intended I would recommend that you factory reset your speaker by: 

• Power on your product
  • On the top of your product, press and hold 1 and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds: Hold to restore factory settings appears on the display with a countdown from 10.

Please note that you will need to set the speaker up from new after this step. You can see how to do this here for IOS and here for Android.

Please do update us on the result of this and if any other users have had this issue and resolved this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B