Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2021

SoundTouch 20 not connecting

Hello everyone

not sure if anyone can help

i have a SoundTouch 10 & 20.

I can no longer see the 20 on the app.

I have deleted the app, reset the speaker, moved my router etc.

I can see the SoundTouch on the router device list as active - but during connection after the renaming step the app simply keeps saying ‘can’t find your device on the network’ this is despite the device being on the same network as the iPhone I am using, on the same frequency and channel !

is the SoundTouch device broken ?

any thoughts ???

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: SoundTouch 20 not connecting

Hello Paulfromleeds, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thank you for contributing to our Community today. 

When you talk about a reset are you performing a standard reset or a factory reset on the speaker? I'd also like to know what LEDs you are seeing on the speaker when attempting this setup? You can see exactly what each LED means here

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Paulfromleeds
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2021

Hi

thanks for the reply.

ive done a full factory reset several times - get the amber wifi icon on the screen then after I’ve linked to it by Wi-fi and put the password get the flashing white then solid white with the text that says something like  ‘select a preset…….’

then when it asks you to give it a name at the next step it says it can’t see the device on the network - even though my network has Bose-SoundTouch-4B4E07 in the devices list as active and connected to the same freq as my iPhone. 

I thought about doing a manual upgrade of the firmware via usb to ensure it’s up to date ??

Vicky_W

Hello Paulfromleeds, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

A manual upgrade could be a good idea! Also, could you please try creating a new SoundTouch account for the app and see if this helps at all? 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!