Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

SoundTouch 20’s and WiFi 6

Bose product name - SoundTouch 20 and LifeStyle 135 III

Country - USA

Firmware Version - Current

App Version - Current

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

iPad and iPhone

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce - I have 2 SoundTouch 20’s and a LifeStyle 135 III.  I upgraded my router to an ASUS mesh system.  None of the items will play using the SoundTouch app.  I adjusted my router so that my 2 SoundTouch 10’s work fine, but nothing I do will allow the SoundTouch 20’s or LifeStyle 135 III to play.  Sometimes they show up in the app and sometimes they don’t.  If they show up in the app and I select them to play, they play for about a minute and then shut off and disappear from the app.  

In the router all devices have a strong 2.4 signal.  The SoundTouch 10’s are labeled “SoundTouch - device namebut the 20’s and 135 only have the device name.

This has been going on for months.  It would be nice if Bose would take care of this issue.

What environment do you experience the issue in?  All

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I

Any troubleshooting steps you

I have done all of the recommended troubleshooting.  Rebooted router, removed/readded speakers, unplugged and restarted speakers, removed and reinstalled the app.  I am unable to reset speakers to factory as that function do longer works.

4 REPLIES 4
Jessie_O

Re: SoundTouch 20’s and WiFi 6

Hey Vischer, 

Thank you for your post! 

Can you tell the color of the WiFi indicators on your speakers this will help determine their status. 

I would recommend having a read through this thread HERE. The type of router is different but it includes some great troubleshooting that I think will be useful to you. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Vischer
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

I have white WiFi indicators.  And they show as connected to my router.  I have also bound them to the main router and not a satellite unit.  Makes no difference.

Vischer
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

I reviewed the other thread.  I have tried all of the suggestions from that thread.  Still no joy.  This has been since January.  My 2 ST 10’s work most of the time, but the ST20’s and LifeStyle 135 are all over the place.  Show connected, disconnect, connect, play for a minute then turn off.  I have bound them all to the main router so they aren’t using the satellite access.  I have switched all 2.4 gH settings on my router to Legacy settings and still nothing.  As I have stated all my other legacy devices work fine, this is a Bose issue.  Something they should be able to push out an update for.  But, oh wait.  SoundTouch devices are no longer supported!  So Bose just wants everyone to buy new devices when the technology updates?  That doesn’t help with the $1000s I have already spent on these devices.

daryljmullen
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Cure I discovered was in your mesh system disable AX in one of them and bind the ST 20 to that one