Sadkwnlqmq
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

SoundTouch 30 BT cutting in and out

Hi. I have an ongoing issue with a restively new soundtouch 39 system. The audio is smooth when using the speaker as a wifi speaker. But when connecting to it via Bluetooth to use other music services like SoundCloud, the audio is terribly chopping, cutting in and out or speeding up every minute. Whenever the audio cuts in or out, the screen on the speaker shows the volume bar. Sometimes the Bluetooth disconnects and reconnects entirely and the music stops. I have tried using my phone and my laptop and I have tried turning them on and off.  I have tried restarting and factory resetting the speaker. I am using the most up to date app and speaker software. Please let me know how I can fix this. This makes my speaker virtually unusable for the music services that I use most frequently. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 30 BT cutting in and out

Hi @Sadkwnlqmq,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering an issue when using your speaker with Bluetooth - this should not be happening.

Could you specify what devices are being used when you connect via Bluetooth? Where do you have the speaker located?

How long have you noticed the issue with the Bluetooth connection, and have you ever experienced something like this when playing via WiFi?

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Sadkwnlqmq
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

I’ve tried using an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPhone 11, a MacBook Pro. The speaker is located on the bottom shelf of a nightstand. problem persists if the speaker is moved. 

This problem has persisted for as long as I’ve had the speaker. As mentioned in my initial note, music plays smoothly when I play using Wifi through one of the supported services like Spotify. 

Highlighted

Hello Sadkwnlqmq, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and thank you for confirming what you have tested with the speaker. 

Is the speaker in a room with a lot of wireless-based products? There could be local interference from nearby devices that could be causing a limitation of the signal distance. Have you tried using the speaker in a completely different location?

If the issue continues, I would encourage you to reach out to local support in your region here to discuss your options for service. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Sadkwnlqmq
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

No. The speaker still doesn’t work in another location. Now it won’t even connect to any devices over Bluetooth. The link you gave me just goes to the Bose website. Please advise. 

Highlighted

Hello Sadkwnlqmq, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry that the troubleshooting has not helped. If you click on the link provided and select your region. Once on the website, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact us'. 

This will lead you to the details of your local team. 

I hope that you get this resolved. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W