sanncu
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

SoundTouch 30 Not Turning on

Hello,

In the time of global Lockdown, my Soundtouch 30 (3rd edition) have also gone to complete shut down. Its not turning on since one such morning . I have tried with replacing power cable, power outlet, reset everything available online, but it just does not respond at all. Its been a month so far, no bose outlet is active for now due to lockdown. If anyone can help with this, any steps to follow which can make it work again.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch 30 Not Turning on

Hi sanncu,

I'm sorry to hear your speaker is no longer turning on! 

You have already completed all the steps we could recommend for troubleshooting to get your speaker back up and running. It does sound like you would need to organize a service for your speaker.

You can do this by reaching out to your local support team. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Zizi
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

SoundTouch 30 Series II not turning on

Hi, 

My Sound Touch 30 Series II dose not turn on.

When I press the power button on the speaker, nothing is shown on the display, and my computers and mobile devices cannot find the speaker.

Things I have tried:

- Unplug and replug, no change.

- Used a different power cable, no change.

- Plugged in the Ethernet cable. The signal lighting of the Ethernet cable is blinking, indicating there is power and there is signal.

- Tried to connect to computer via USB A, computer cannot find the speaker.

- Tried to upgrade sofrware via a USB thumb drive, no change.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks!

SMK69
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Re: SoundTouch 30 Not Turning on

For the same issue i had take it to the only BOSE authorised service centre in UAE - Jumbo Electronics in Abu Dhabi. They have given an estimate of 950 AED about 70% the cost of a new Sound Touch 30 speaker which is 1500AED now in UAE.

Very dissapointing with such failure from Bose and when the fix for such issues mentioned in the web/youtube is very simple.