Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

SoundTouch 300 Soundbar Won't Turn On

I have been using this soundbar for years without any issues and then suddenly yesterday it won't turn on. I can see on my router it is still connected via WiFi and I can connect to it using the Soundtouch app on my phone but when I try and play music I get nothing. The Soundtouch app even prompted me to update the speaker (although no lights at all on the speaker while updating) which I did and it still won't turn on. Completely dead.

An attempt to resolve by calling your support number got me nowhere because you have closed due to COVID-19. How do I fix my expensive speaker that has suddenly stopped working?!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 300 Soundbar Won't Turn On

Hello Pano, 

I am very sorry that you were unable to get through to us. We plan on getting our call centres open as soon as possible and we thoroughly appreciate your patience. We will happily do what we can to assist you with your SoundTouch 300 via this platform. 

Do you have any surround speakers or bass modules attached to your soundbar?

Have you tried connecting to an alternate power outlet?

Can you try making a Bluetooth connection to your soundbar to see if you can get audio?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Hi there Bose, and thanks for the reply.

In answer to your questions:

- Do you have any surround speakers or bass modules attached to your soundbar?

Yes, I have both surround speakers and a bass module.

- Have you tried connecting to an alternate power outlet?

Yes I have, but as mentioned in my original post it appears to be getting power because it is connected to my WiFi and I can connect to it via the Soundtouch app on my phone. Once I connect, however, I cannot do anything. No music at all and for all intents and purposes it is dead. Perhaps an unexpected and unfortunate victim of the COVID-19 virus?

- Can you try making a Bluetooth connection to your soundbar to see if you can get audio?

Yes I have tried that as well, and my phone connects and seems happy but when I try and play music nothing happens.

Throughout all of these tests there are no lights on the front of the soundbar.

I spent a lot of money on this soundbar plus the surround speakers and bass module. I have owned it for around 2 years and I find it unacceptable that you have a 1 year warranty. Do you not have faith in your own products and expect them to fail as mine has? If I spend a couple of thousand dollars on something I expect it to last me at least 4-5 years without spending any extra money on it.

This is my first experience with a Bose product and up until this point I was very happy with it. In fact, just 2 weeks ago I was enthusiastically recommending this soundbar to a friend because I was so incredibly happy with it. The sound was exceptional and apart from a few random connection issues with my TV it operated perfectly. Until the other day that is, when I turned on my TV and the soundbar did not turn on with it. Attempts to get it working failed and here I am with a dead soundbar and very large and expensive paperweight.

I will not recommend your products from this point forward unless I can get my soundbar working again with minimal fuss. I understand that things happen and this failure may be isolated and unexpected to you (although research online has told me this soundbar fails in this way for many people).

How can we get this resolved and restore my faith in your premium products?

Highlighted

Thanks for answering these questions for me Pano. I am sorry to hear of your frustrations and I do understand, we want to do what we can to get your system up and running once more. 

If you are able to connect your soundbar to the app and to a Bluetooth product your system does appear to be receiving power. 

Lets see if we can get a response from a factory reset. 

• On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  • Press and hold the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button) for 10 seconds until the lights on the soundbar blink white
  • Wait for the soundbar to reboot. Once complete, the Wi-Fi light glows amber.

Let us know how you get on and whether this provides any success for you!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Hey Tegan

Thanks for your suggestion, I just tried the process to factory reset it and got no lights on the front at all. I tried multiple times and held the teletext button for a long time.

I also noticed it has now stopped connecting to my WiFi and I cannot access it via the Soundtouch app anymore.

Looks like I still have a very expensive paperweight. How can I get this resolved please?

Highlighted

Hi @pano,

I appreciate you trying those steps - sorry to hear things haven't improved.

At this stage, I think it would be best to contact the customer support for assistance arranging a service of your product. To avoid the current spike in contacts to our team, you can go about arranging the service of the product yourself HERE.

Alternatively, feel free to reach out by going to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Hi Sam

I tried to arrange a service online before creating the post on this forum but it says:

"We’re sorry, but we cannot offer online assistance for your product at this time."

And it told me to call you which I did and it said you were closed and hence my post here. Have you re-opened your Australian call centre yet?

I'm getting really frustrated and over this to be honest and just want a working device.

Highlighted

I can understand your frustrations, Pano. I want you to experience a functioning system.

I may have provided the incorrect link before, so what happens when you try the self-service at the link HERE?

As you can imagine, due to the current global situation, precautions have been taken. There should still be support for your system by our team of agents who handle Australia queries, within the normal working hours.

Since your post were you able to call and get through?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Hi Sam

I tried your support line again a few weeks ago and was able to get through and book it in for a service. I am glad to report I have working unit again, however the unit came back with a scratch in the glass on top which is very disappointing. What do you normally do when damage is sustained to a unit during service?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

SoundTouch 300 wont turn on

Hi

Today my SoundTouch 300 will not turn on or restart. After reading some of the posts on this community it seems to be a known issue with this product. I purchased in Feb 2018 so im technically out of warranty but there is no way that a product of this class should fail this quickly. This is a HUGE disappointment and I feel like it’s a bit disingenuous to be charged for a known hardware issue. Its demoralizing to see that there are many similar posts regarding same problem.  

Details:

- Soundtouch 300 (ST300)

- USA/Massachusetts

- The unit was on a surge protector

- Attempted unplugging for 30 seconds – 5 mins

- Attempted to do factory reset with remote (changed batteries in the remote first)

- Connected the system to a different power outlet

- There is no activity from the lights on the front of soundbar

Am I missing anything?

- Jameson