Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 - Status Light Amber + White or Amber + White + Red

Really struggling with the Bose SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass Woofer. Sometimes it will connect and the experience is amazing - both from the TV and for music from the phone.

But most of the time, the status light on the woofer will either blink Amber to White back to Amber. Or it will blink Amber to White to Red and back to Amber again. This was not happening for the first year of use at all. It only started during the second year of use. Eventually I found a sweet spot by moving the woofer a couple of inches and the issue did not occur as much

I've just recently moved homes and the sound touch and woofer were working fine before I set up internet with a wifi router. It was working fine the first day and now the Amber+White+Amber and the Amber+White+Red issue has started again. Checked the forum and it said to do a manual update, which I did... worked fine once. But now back to the same non-connectivity issue again. 

Please don't tell me to move the router or do another update... I've must have done 10 manual updates to get the woofer connected again. And I've also shut off the wifi router and tried connecting, the issue still persists. Extremely frustrating experience with Bose. Surely this needs to be fixed with firmware update or something along those lines?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 - Status Light Amber + White or Amber + White + Red

Hello Sean, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I can understand this must be frustrating for you. I would love to help. Can you please confirm which of the light status each part of your soundbar has via this guide here. This will help me to identify what's going wrong and get you back to loving your soundbar. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Re: SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 - Status Light Amber + White or Amber + White + Red

Hi Vicky, Thanks for your help. the acoustimass blinks amber to white to red back to amber to white to red and doesn’t connect to the soundbar, though on the soundbar the link light turns white. Sometimes it blinks Amber to white back to

amber and white again. The acoustimass doesn’t emit any tone either. 

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this for us. 

What I would suggest in this instance as you have tried the troubleshooting which we would suggest is to reach out to your local technical support team for further assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this ...Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Been in touch with them via email and phone, but they're currently shut because of COVID.

I'm assuming the White to Red happens when it's close to a router. But I'm trying to understand why it sometimes blinks white and amber without connecting to the soundbar. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Possible to walk me through how to connect the Acoustimass to the Soundbar with a 3.5MM cable? It seems like it's still just trying to connect wirelessly with the lights blinking white and red and amber even with the 3.5MM cable connected.

Highlighted

Hello Sean, 

To connect a bass module to the soundbar using a wired connection:Connect the 3.5 mm stereo cable from the ACOUSTIMASS jack on the soundbar to the ACOUSTIMASS IN jack on the bass module. You can obtain a cable by reaching out to local support. 

Thanks,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Hi Jeff... Got the 3.5MM cable, but the soundbar still doesn't connect to the bass module. When I connect the 3.5MM cable, I get the Amber -> White -> Red light blinking on the bass module, and no sound comes from the bass module. If the soundbar connects to the bass module correctly through the 3.5MM cable, is there a light indication on the bass module that says it has connected successfully? Because every time I plug the cable in to connect both, the amber white red light keeps happening on the bass module. The soundlink led on the soundbar blinks white while it's trying to connect and stays white for a couple of seconds once the bass module blinks Amber -> White -> Red.

Additionally, I have moved the Bass Module away from the wifi router, about 4ft away... and it was connecting successfully for about two days wirelessly. Actually, every morning it was connecting wirelessly and everything would work fine, but for some reason it was rarely connecting after that during the day, if I turned it off.  This is why it's very confusing and I'm wondering if it's a permanent issue, because on some days the bass module will connect to the soundbar and work perfectly, but mostly it just doesn't connect. Most of the time I get the Amber -> White -> Red light blinking on the bass module and it just refuses to connect. Sometimes it will blink Amber -> White -> Amber again. The soundlink led on the soundbar blinks white while it's trying to connect and stays white for a couple of seconds once the bass module blinks Amber -> White -> Red.

This issue was occurring occasionally in my old house but after moving the bass module a couple of inches away from the router - it felt like a sweet spot where I didn't face any issues with the connectivity of the bass module and soundbar. After moving to the apartment, without any wifi router or internet at the home for a week, the bass module and soundbar would connect perfectly all the time. This issue has started again as soon as we set up the wifi internet with a router in the new apartment. 

The soundbar seems to be working fine through all this. It's just the bass module that doesn't have any sound.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming, Sean. 

Moving forward, I would recommend getting in touch with local support to seek service on the bass module only.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Firmware for Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 (blinking red)

New to the community and have few questions that I need your help.

1) what is the latest firmware for Soundtouch 300 bar? I couldn't find the info?

2) what is the latest firmware for Acoustimass 300 subwoofer? 

3) my sub is having blinking red light and not sure how to get that corrected. Any suggestions are really appreciated.