Andy_UK
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

Re: SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 - Status Light Amber + White or Amber + White + Red

Having used Bose products professionally over the years with great success, I decided to buy a Bose system for use at home. All was well, although I do think they over complicated the design of the system, until they issued an update. Now, along with many others,  I have an expensive bass unit that doesn't work, and Bose are not interested in sorting out the problem. The sudden absence of moderators on this thread says it all.

I will not be buying any Bose products again, nor will I be recommending them to friends or colleagues due to their total disregard for their customers. Bose ARE A DISGRACE.

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Re: SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300 - Status Light Amber + White or Amber + White + Red

Bose quality control and customer support is non existent. Thanks bose

maxpower_
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

I feel exactly the same, it's truly frustrating. I just can't believe they won't answer ANY of our questions? We're literally just looking for a bit of help and they're not willing to give us any guidance? Wth?

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Looking back this was a terrible purchase. I really appreciate all the help bose!

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Still ignoring your threads bose?

ericwchow
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2021

Just called Bose, same deal not claiming any responsibility for this issue. Only option is to pay $154 to have the subwoofer shipped for repair and wait 3-4weeks. SMH... Going to rethink buying Bose in the future. What a disappointment. 

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Anything but bose in the future!

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Thanks bose

Qtownn
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Hi,

I recently had the same issue, unfortunately being in NZ getting to a service agent is next to impossible. I repaired this myself by dissembling the bottom and resoldering 2 connections on the bottom of the circuit board that had a burnt appearance. 

It's now working and connecting perfectly!!

I'm a complete amateur and my only experience soldering is fixing my kids basic electronic toys.

If you're brave enough to try then give it a shot or just take it to an electronics repair shop and I'm sure they can tackle it.

Marvin_B

Hi Qtownn.

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I am glad to hear that you have your issue sorted out. However, we do not advise people to open the products and do the repairs on their own, as this can void the warranty if it is still within and for other reasons. 

We have dedicated team of support and repair centers in most regions of the world. The one for New Zealand is HERE.

Keep safe and have a good one.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!