Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

SoundTouch 300 does not pair bass module 500

The bass module 500 keep disconnecting from SoundTouch bar 300. 

I tried to be away from router according to recommendations from Bose. Also,  I connect following the instructions and gives the connection sound and no more than 1 minute later it keeps disconnecting. Also, I used a 3.5 cable and same result. 

I updated the software and the same result. 

Customer care promised me to send instructions by email but nothing. Really frustrated with this expensive product with less quality than others. 

Please instruct on how to solve this 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch 300 does not pair bass module 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by CarlosR

Hello CarlosR, 

Thanks for getting back to us. Can I please confirm if both of the accounts on this thread are yourself? If so, I need to check if when trying to pair the Bass Module you are following one of the below options? 

To hard-wire a bass module to the SoundTouch 300 soundbar, follow these steps:

1. Connect one end of a 3.5 mm stereo cable to the ACOUSTIMASS IN connector on the back of the bass module.
  2. Connect the other end of the cable to the ACOUSTIMASS connector on the back of the SoundTouch 300 soundbar.

To wirelessly connect the bass module or optional wireless surround speakers, follow these steps:

1. Connect either the bass module or surround speakers to power.
  2. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button.
  3. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white.
    Once connected, the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white and a tone is heard from the connected speaker(s).
  4. Repeat steps until all bass modules and surround speakers are paired.

If you are using one of the above methods, can you please let me know what color the LED is when the Soundbar is on and you are trying to listen to the audio? You have said that the light turns off, does this mean that there is no LED at all or just that it is glowing white? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello @CarlosR , and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the connection issues that you've had, and for the poor communication on our behalf. I would love the opportunity to try and make this right!

Normally if you have this issue I would advise disconnecting and reconnecting the Bass Module through the Bose Music app, or to connect through the cable, but I can see that you have already done this.

If your Bass Module 500 is continuing to disconnect even when connected via a cable, this sounds like an issue with the power to the system. As such, can I ask that you try/check the following for me please?

1) Please check that the power cables are seated correctly, and that when this is connected to power, that the LED does not power off/reboot when connected to the power.

2) Please also check the system with another power cable. Your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, and your Bass Module 500 use the same power cable, so please swap these over to confirm that this is not an isolated cable issue.

3) Connect this to another power port/socket and confirm that your issue is not linked to a single port or extender.

Please get back to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

Hi Liam 

Desecription of what I did: 

1. I checked the cable status of the bass unit and keeps the light on in yellow. 

2. Paired. It connects, stays during 30 seconds connected and then disconnect 

3. Unplugged 

4. Use the other cable (I have two soundtouch 300 at home). Repeated the procedure 

5. Paired. Sound of connection (not sound from the bass) keeps connected during 30 seconds and then disconnect again. The only difference I noticed this time is that the light on the back of the unit turns white but at the soundbar it shows no pairing light nor any sound 

So the problem is not the cable. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

How to connect using the 3.5 cable? Any way to avoid wireless? 

Highlighted

Hi Carlos, 

If possible, can you try pairing the bass module to the other SoundTouch 300 to see if the same issue persists? 

This behavior is not normal.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Jeff, I already tried that and the same result. 

As a consequence of the recommendations received in this post I watched the back of the unit to see the behavior of the light. When it connects it turns white from yellow. The soundbar disconnect (the light turns off) but the white light keep turning on while the soundbar is in use. 

I do not know if this means that it does not receive signal? I disconnect the 3.5 mm cable since the problem is exactly the same. It is just connected now wirelessly. 

When I torn on the unit the pairing lights turn on and again 30 seconds later it turns off. 

Thanks, 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by CarlosR

Hello CarlosR, 

Thanks for getting back to us. Can I please confirm if both of the accounts on this thread are yourself? If so, I need to check if when trying to pair the Bass Module you are following one of the below options? 

To hard-wire a bass module to the SoundTouch 300 soundbar, follow these steps:

1. Connect one end of a 3.5 mm stereo cable to the ACOUSTIMASS IN connector on the back of the bass module.
  2. Connect the other end of the cable to the ACOUSTIMASS connector on the back of the SoundTouch 300 soundbar.

To wirelessly connect the bass module or optional wireless surround speakers, follow these steps:

1. Connect either the bass module or surround speakers to power.
  2. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button.
  3. Press and hold 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinks white.
    Once connected, the connectivity indicator on the soundbar glows white and a tone is heard from the connected speaker(s).
  4. Repeat steps until all bass modules and surround speakers are paired.

If you are using one of the above methods, can you please let me know what color the LED is when the Soundbar is on and you are trying to listen to the audio? You have said that the light turns off, does this mean that there is no LED at all or just that it is glowing white? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Vicky, it seems to work. I updated the firmware and so far is working. 

the light on the back of the unit turns white which I suppose it means it is connected

I will keep you informed. thanks! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2019

I am doing the below steps to wirelessly connect the bass 500 with the soundtouch 300:

1. Connect the bass module to power.
  2. On the remote control, i pressed the SoundTouch button.
  3. I Pressed and held the number 7 on the remote until the connectivity indicator on the soundbar blinked white.
    The indicator blinks for a while and than turns off and on the bass module the indicator color remains amber.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Toni10452,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your system, I would be more than happy to help you out today, the method you have posted is the correct method. I would recommend resetting the system. 

Reset your soundbar by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Reset your Bass Module 500 by pressing the button on the back:

• Pressing and holding the button on the back of the bass module until the status light blinks white will clear all connection information and will return the bass module to the original factory settings. Once this reset is complete, the light blinks amber and the bass module will need to be reconnected to the soundbar.

I am also curious to know what the LED indicator is showing as after you have done the reset. 

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C