Highlighted
icuc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

SoundTouch 300 firmware update and Smartthings

Hi everyone,

My Soundtouch system had a firmware update last week and the app shows the software version as 21.0.13. I'm not sure this is the latest one. 

My Smartthings is not finding the Soundtocuh anymore after the update and even I have removed and I was trying to add it again but it is not even finding it. I have never had any issues in the last 18 months and worked like charm. 

Did anyone had the similar issue and any help to resolve the issue?

8 REPLIES 8
icuc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: SoundTouch 300 firmware update and Smartthings

Any help would be appreciated. 

Hello Icuc, 

Thanks for reaching out today.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your soundbar 300 and I would love to assist you with solving them. 

You are correct, you are not running on the latest software version, so this is where I would suggest starting. Please follow the link here to manually update the software to version 22.0.3. 

Once you have done this I would then suggest performing a product reset. You can perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

1. Turn the soundbar off.
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet.
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the power cord.
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot. 

Once you have completed these steps please can you try and locate the Soundar again using your Smartthings? 

I very much look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

icuc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Thanks for the response. I have updated twice manually as per your instructions. The software version stays with old one and not updated to 22.0.3.

Would you please guide me in the right direction to get this resolved. Screenshot_20190810-105629_SoundTouch.jpg

Screenshot_20190810-105856_SoundTouch.jpg

20190810_105219.jpg

Hi there @icuc

Thanks for following up. I'm sorry to hear that this has not resolved your issue here.

Can I ask that you factory reset your system, then connect this to your router via an Ethernet cable, before performing the USB cable (alternate method) again please?

The factory reset can be performed by pressing the SoundTouch button once (directly below Source Power, in between AUX and Bluetooth), then pressing and holding the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button) for 10 seconds until the lights on the soundbar blink white.

The system will take around 2 minutes to reboot, at which point it will display a solid amber LED. Once this is displayed, please connect the Ethernet cable, add this back to the SoundTouch app, and then perform the update through the link provided above.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W

icuc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Thanks for getting back to me quick.

I had to remove the speaker from the mount and connected with Ethernet cable and followed the instructions. I did the factory reset and updated manually by followed the same instructions. I did it twice to see if I have any luck. No luck at all.

One thing that I noticed different from instructions after factory reset. The unit was turned off after the update and i had to turn it on to setup the speaker. 

The software version is not getting updated and stays as it is.. see the screenshot attached. 20190812_194149.jpg

Hello Icuc,

I am so sorry you are still having this issue. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and speak to an agent via the phone. They have the ability to remotely look into your account and see what may be happening. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. 

I am so very sorry we were unable to help more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

NeonsNight
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

The reason you kept on getting version 21.0.13 is because the link in that article was not updated.
This is the link the article provided (SoundTouch 300 v21.0.13) :

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/st1_2019_95571ec9/stu/g/sm2/Update.stu

The correct link to latest version (SoundTouch 300 v22.0.3) :

https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/st2_2019_a9bb72b0/stu/g/sm2/Update.stu

Hope that helps 🙂

icuc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I called the Bose support and explained the issues and opened the SoundTouch app at the same time. There is an update waiting for me to do it (I don't know how that happened) and asked the technical support representative do you want to continue. He told me that my device may not be in the list to get the update until now but I'm not sure what was update I had 2 weeks back and messed up my smartthings integration. 

The update was performed automatically and the firmware was updated to 22.0.3.

He was so patient and going through alll the steps to make the Bose SoundTouch as a thing in my smartthings but it is not even finding the bose at all. 

The following actions was performed.but no luck.

1.Bose factory reset

2.Manual firmware update

3.Network reset

4.Made the Bose IP as static IP in Google WiFi router.

5.Connected Bose through Ethernet cable

6.Router, Modem, Smartthings, Bose restarted multiple time.

Do you guys know what would be the problem. Any help would be appreciated. 

Finally Bose technical support asked me to work with Smartthings to see if they can figure this out.