Jvansta
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

SoundTouch 300 no sound from Samsung tv

I recently moved my SoundTouch 300 system from one room to another. I did It quickly to try and avoid any reset issues by not having power. It worked great when I was finished and now it will not play any sound from my Samsung tv even though I changed no settings on the tv and it was working for 3 days after I moved it. This same thing happened previously when I moved It from one room to the next and I don’t remember how to fix it. I went through the setup process again including adaptiq twice and made sure the tv was set to this audio output vs tv speakers. I also have the tv hooked up via arc connection on the tv and the sound bar and have the Bose sound touch app setup with the hdmi in direct audio set to on and the movie icon. HDMI Cec is set to default on as well. The system plays music fine from my Bluetooth connected iPhone. The SoundTouch is also connected to the internet and has updated firmware. All the connections are right too. What should I try next? A factory reset on the system? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: SoundTouch 300 no sound from Samsung tv

Hi Jvansta, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that you aren't getting any audio from the system and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, please ensure that the TV's output audio is set to external speakers to ensure that it is routing audio to the Soundbar 300. Can you please also attempt a standard reset on the Soundbar via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I understand that you haven't adjusted anything on the TV however an update may have occurred to the TV when moving and caused a setting to change. 

Please update me on the result of this and if any other community members have any alternate methods that they found to resolve no audio for their system please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

JHabeger
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hello,

I’m having the same issues. I tried the procedure described above. I’m getting that the TV doesn’t see the HDMI4.

Thank you.

Jvansta
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I found out it’s the Samsung One Connect that is either not working or is not completely or consistently compatible with non Samsung devices when used with the HDMI arc port. I switched to a regular HDMI in another port and used a fiber optic cable for the audio and it works fine now.