Highlighted
Neil2233
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

SoundTouch 300 remote won’t operate soundbar

All buttons light up red when pressed but won’t turn on or operate functions of soundbar. Can turn on soundbar and acoustimas with app but can only listen to Spotify as there is no way to switch to tv on app? Any help much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: SoundTouch 300 remote won’t operate soundbar

Hello Neil2233, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundTouch 300 remote. 

If you haven't already can you please try to replace the batteries to see if this helps to make a difference. Additionally, ensure nothing is blocking the IR receiver on the soundbar. 

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Jeff G - Community Support

Neil2233
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply. Tried 2 sets of brand new batteries and stand in a clear line to soundbar with nothing in way from several distances and remote doesn’t operate soundbar.

Regards

Neil

Hi @Neil2233, thanks for following up!

At this point, I would want to check where this is not outputting/inputting correctly.

Let's start by testing the remote - if you point a phone camera at the end of the ST300 remote, and press any button, an IR signal should be emitted. If this is emitting, you should see a small LED when looking through the phone camera. 

If this is not displaying the LED, please reach out to Bose Support by selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page to receive a replacement remote!

If this is displaying the LED, let's check that the Soundbar receives this signal. Please press the "SoundTouch", "TV" or "Bluetooth" icons on the remote (These are the 6 light grey buttons below the power icons at the top of the remote) and confirm that the correct LED changes on the far left of the SoundTouch soundbar. 

If these do not change the LED at all, please temporarily move the Soundbar to a different location and test this again!

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W - Community Support

Neil2233
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Hi Liam

Thank you for the feedback.

I have done the phone camera test and no LED can seen when buttons are pressed, but the actual icons on the remote light up red, so from your advice would it be fair to say the remote is the problem?

Regards

Neil

Hello Neil2233, 

Yes, if the remote is firing IR commands, I would recommend replacing the remote to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

Replacement remotes can be obtained by reaching out to support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G