FlókiBryson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

SoundTouch 300 soundbar pairing mode

My dog chewed up my original remote to the soundtouch 300 soundbar and I ordered the Bose rcpws III universal remote to replace it because no one sells the original remote. I can not figure out how get the soundbar into pairing mode so I can pair my soundtouch 300 rear speakers with this remote. The soundtouch app is no help either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 soundbar pairing mode

Author Accepted Answer selected by FlókiBryson

Does that remote control the soundbar at all?

The reason I ask is that that is not the correct remote for that system.  From a quick google search that remote controls Solo and Cinemate series Bose systems.

3 REPLIES 3
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by FlókiBryson

Does that remote control the soundbar at all?

The reason I ask is that that is not the correct remote for that system.  From a quick google search that remote controls Solo and Cinemate series Bose systems.

Hi FlókiBryson, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to read that your dog broke your last remote and would love to assist you with any questions you may have on your system. 

@Morlock is correct here in stating that the RC-PWS III Universal Remote is not compatible with your Soundbar as it is only compatible with the Solo TV systems as well as a few Cinemate systems. 

No setting changes are needed on your system to control it with a universal remote that sends IR (infrared) commands. The IR sensor on your system is located on the front. Be sure it is not blocked so it can detect remote commands. You will just need the Bose remote code from the universal remote manufacturer. 

I hope this clears this up for you and if you have any other questions please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

FlókiBryson
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Yes it does work for the soundbar. It’s literally the only new remote you can buy for it. I ended up breaking down and buying a used replacement remote on Etsy which I really didn’t want to do. If Bose would have not abandoned the sound link app and updated it to be like the music app I wouldn’t had to have go through all of this.