Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Triona
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

SoundTouch Ap

I am unable to play anything through the SoundTouch AP. 

I use Apple devises to stream through the AP and connect to my SoundTouch speakers.  For 2 weeks, I’ve  lost all streaming platforms only through Ap.  Today, I lost Tune-In as well. 
All Bose products working well not using AP.  Updated Ap, Redownloaded Ap, Signed in/out of Ap, tried creating new account and received error code, tried deleting streaming platforms and received error code.  Reconnect router, WiFi, etc.  HELP.  This seems to not be a product issue, but an AP issue

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch Ap

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Thanks for checking that Triona.

As you are still getting the same error code, the next thing I would recommend doing is making sure the speakers are all fully up to date. The steps HERE will show you how to manually update the speakers.

If you are still having trouble after updating the speakers, I'd also recommend checking the settings on your router against our recommended router settings HERE as something in your network may be stopping the speakers and the app from communicating correctly. If you need a hand changing these settings, then your internet service provider, or router manufacturer will be able to help!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_G

Hello Triona, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the SoundTouch app. 

To give me a better insight, kindly answer the following: 

- Have you made any recent changes to your home network that may coincide with this issue? Introduced a new router perhaps? Or a new device? 

- What SoundTouch speakers do you own?

- What LEDs or information can you see on the display of the speakers? 

- What error codes did you see?

- What device are you using the SoundTouch app on? Have you tried other devices? 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Triona
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

There have been no changes to our WiFi or any changes to our modem.  I use the ap on my SoundTouch 10 devices (3).  All work fine not using the Bose Ap.  
I continue to receive 1046 and 1007 error codes.  The AP will not play anything, even from tune-in.  It won’t let me add any other platforms of music either.  I I tried a new pandora account and it still wouldn’t let me download.  

Triona
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

Also error 4501.  

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that Triona!

As you mentioned you've been using the app on an Apple device which model of iPhone/iPad are you using? And what iOS version does it use? If you are using iOS14, The first time you launch the SoundTouch app after updating to iOS 14, you will receive a prompt asking for Local Network access permission. This access is necessary to discover, connect, and control your WiFi-connected Bose products. If this access is set to ‘Do not Allow’, you will be unable to connect to your speakers. You can enable this Local Network access permission by going into your phone or tablet settings, then apps & notifications, and selecting the SoundTouch app. Make sure the permissions are enabled as shown below.

iOS14-screenshot.png

Once you've enabled these permissions, you may need to restart your phone or tablet, before going back to the SoundTouch app.

Triona
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

So I use the latest IPhone .  Did what you instructed, but everything was already on. Restarted my phone and still receiving same error codes.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Thanks for checking that Triona.

As you are still getting the same error code, the next thing I would recommend doing is making sure the speakers are all fully up to date. The steps HERE will show you how to manually update the speakers.

If you are still having trouble after updating the speakers, I'd also recommend checking the settings on your router against our recommended router settings HERE as something in your network may be stopping the speakers and the app from communicating correctly. If you need a hand changing these settings, then your internet service provider, or router manufacturer will be able to help!

View solution in original post

Triona
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2021

When replying to a topic, make

The update for the speakers worked! Thank you sooooo much.  I love the Bose products and was having withdraws!  I am proud to say I own your complete media surround system, your portable speaker & multiple soundtouchs’.  Thank you for the exceptional support.  This is my first time with any issues in over 10 years! Keep up the exceptional work

sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Triona,

That's great to hear! I'm glad the speakers are working again and I was happy to help!

I'll mark my post with the information about updating as a solution, so if any other users encounter a similar issue, they know what fixed it for you.

If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach back out!