Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

SoundTouch App Won't Update

When I open the SoundTouch app on my MacBook (macOS Mohave, version 10.14.5) it tells me to install an update. When I try to that, the download progress bar appears for a while, then the app shuts itself down, as if instaling the update. But when I open the app again, it tells me to install the update again. I've tried this process several times with the same result (the definition of insanity is repeating the same action expecting different results). What gives. What shoud I do to install the update?

Thank you.

By the way, I like my Bose products but I'm pretty sure you have the most frustrating, exasperating, bewidering support on the face of the Earth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch App Won't Update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello @b.mount

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues updating the SoundTouch app on your MacBook. 

A while ago, a bug was discovered on the Mac side of things that resulted in the app not updating directly from the SoundTouch app. This was subsequently resolved in later versions, but I am wondering if maybe you are attempting to update from that earlier version. 

To get around this, please fully uninstall the app from your Mac, then download a fresh copy from this link.

I hope this helps. 

Jeff - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

We've been having the same issue and frustration for weeks on our Soundbar!  Hope there is a solution found soon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Hi b. mount.  I think I've found the solution.  Try uninstalling the app and reinstall.  I did this and it seems to have solved the problem.

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hello @b.mount

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues updating the SoundTouch app on your MacBook. 

A while ago, a bug was discovered on the Mac side of things that resulted in the app not updating directly from the SoundTouch app. This was subsequently resolved in later versions, but I am wondering if maybe you are attempting to update from that earlier version. 

To get around this, please fully uninstall the app from your Mac, then download a fresh copy from this link.

I hope this helps. 

Jeff - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2017

I ran into the same issue when I tried to install the latest update (this is 07/21/2019), every time I tried to install it the whole app would shut down. I repeated the same "fix" as before, unistalled the app and installed the newest version, and all seems well.

Highlighted

Hello b.mount,

That's great to hear! thanks for letting me know. 

Please feel free to mark this as an accepted solution. 

Anyone else who is experiencing the same issue, please follow the above instructions. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I managed to uninstall old Sound Touch App on my Mac - but following your link doesn't work for the new download so I am now left not being able to connect to my music library.

“SoundTouch-osx-installer.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

This item is on the disk image “SoundTouch-app-installer-23.0.0-2847-a445a28.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 12:52 from downloads.bose.com."

What is Bose doing to fix this - it is not seamless at all.

Many thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I'm having the same problem, I have Mac OSX Version 10.15.2 and it prevents me from installing the app.

Highlighted

Hi Mikea57, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Have you tried the troubleshooting outlined by @Jeff_G earlier in this thread?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I have already tried the suggestion by Jeff_G and uninstalled the App completely, Now I have nothing installed on the Mac and cannot install the new app. Attempting to install the app from the supplied link resulted in the Mac complaining that it cannot scan the new installer therefore will not let you go any further.