Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

SoundTouch App doesn’t connect with Spotify

I have had SoundTouch 30 and Cinema working well with Spotify Premium for years and suddenly it has stopped working. I’ve tried switching every thing off deleting and reloading both apps. Still not working. The App does work however for digital radio all on WiFi 

please help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch App doesn’t connect with Spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tam.faragher

Hi @Tam.faragher

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Spotify, I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend removing Spotify from the app. You can do this by heading to the settings menu and scrolling down to music services > Spotify > delete. You can follow the same instructions to re-add the service. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tam.faragher

Hi @Tam.faragher

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Spotify, I'll be more than happy to help! 

I would recommend removing Spotify from the app. You can do this by heading to the settings menu and scrolling down to music services > Spotify > delete. You can follow the same instructions to re-add the service. 

Let me know how you get on!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

spotify does not play on soundtouch since about 2 weeks

Since about 1 week I cannot play music from the spotify music service. Years before that it did function well. What happened?

When I activate the spotify playlist nothing happens. I get error Code 3103.

I still am able to play radio music via my soundtouch app

Do you have a solution to solve this problem?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2017

I also have the issue, appears to of started after last round of updates to App and firmware across all my soundtouch devices. 

I have done all the power down stuff and router restart. Music sources from NAS drive and internet radio all OK.  Issue with Spotify compatibility with BOSE App.   BOSE please advise solution or fix date.

Highlighted

Hi Martyn1,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this also. We appreciate you taking the time into looking into some further troubleshooting, 

Have you removed and re-added the Spotify function in the SoundTouch app?

Can you let us know if you receive any error messages at all?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2017

I have removed spotify app and re installed. No change, The spotify app loads and once track is selected gets to the point of starting the play but there is no track timing or count down. The play icon does nothing. All other music services work across the networked system.

Have tried Spotify app on the same phone and this plays via the phone speaker.

There are no error messages reported either.

Martyn

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2017

Solution found.

Having worked my way through the complete system of Soundtouch devices individually powering down and reconnecting to network I found that the system recovered when the power was removed from the ST10 that was in use at the time the app was updated. System now working as expected.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I think you should remove Spotify from the app. You can do this by heading to the settings menu and scrolling down to music services > Spotify > delete. You can follow the same instructions to re-add the service.

Thanks

Starsunleash