SoundTouch App will not sync with iTunes Library

Silent Starter

SoundTouch App will not sync with iTunes Library

Hello,
Recently I got a new computer and transferred all my music off my old dead one onto the new one. I downloaded and installed the SoundTouch App on the new PC and tried to add the iTunes library. After repeated failed attempts to add the iTunes library on the computer (the app kept kicking back a 1608 error no matter what I did and I only fixed this by creating a brand new account) the app recognized and added my iTunes library. However, when I attempt to sync the music, nothing happens. Nothing gets synced, nothing says "wait a few minutes," nada. While I recognize that my library would take a long time to sync (it's just under 30k songs) there is no attempt by the app to sync the music or playlists or any of it. Any ideas on what is going on with it? It worked without an issue on my old computer, so why won't it work now?
Thanks
Scott
22 REPLIES
Silent Starter

Re: SoundTouch App will not sync with iTunes Library

The library was not displaying anything, but allowing the iTunes XML fixed the problem.

Thanks!!!

Hello Scott,

I apologize for the trouble. You mentioned that you were able to add the library, but cannot sync it. What happens when you select the music library in the app? Does it load the library but with nothing inside it, or does it just return an error message? If it is simply a matter of the library being empty, I recommend checking to be sure iTunes is sharing its XML file, as it is often disabled. To enable sharing of the iTunes XML file, follow the second bullet point in this article: Attention iTunes 12.2 users
If attempting to access the library instead produces an error message, please include it in a reply below, along which operating system you are using on the new computer.

Thanks
Silent Starter

I'm having the same issue - my library is empty.
I've tried resetting the system, uninstall and reinstall the Soundtouch App, 

Hi Irish8035
Many apologies for the confusion. If you are attempting to add your music library in our app, then yes the songs will need to be downloaded. However, if you use Bluetooth you can typically send the audio from almost any source to your speaker. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Silent Starter

I have  the same problem..I can't get my iTunes library onto the system. I  have ensured that I  have selected the sharing of iTunes XML preference but still no luck. Weirdly, I had my library on the preset before, but now it won't recognise it. Strange.

Hi Lorlie,

If your iTunes library is stored on a Windows PC, we may need to look at the firewall settings.

If you continue having trouble, please let us know the full text of the error message you get when trying to add the music Library.
Thank you. 

NJKlutz & JohnN
If you have tried all of the above steps to resolve the most common causes of this error then we will need to look at some less common ones.

1. If you haven't done already, perform a Factory reset for your equipment and then perform a fresh setup. Instructions for this reset can be found here:
  2. Disable any security or antivirus software, even if you have already created firewall exceptions for SoundTouch. In particular ZoneAlarm is a security software that is known to cause issues.
  3. If your home has multiple Wi-Fi Access points. (Extenders, repeaters etc.) in addition to the main router, try disabling these temporarily. Test out the Music library when all devices are connecting to the main router and see if the problem persists.
  4. Connect the computer which holds your music to the router directly by Ethernet rather than Wi-Fi and test again.
  5. If your particular SoundTouch product has an Ethernet jack, test it out hardwired too and let us know the result.

Thank you. 
Silent Starter

I was sold several speakers yesterday with the staff telling me iTunes worked fine without needing to download.  Today as I'm setting up I cannot even connect iTunes and keep getting an error (1608).  Bose tech support is now telling me that unless every song in the library is downloaded onto my computer that I will get that error.  I'm also confused as the store rep was showing me that they could search their itunes account and play anything from Apple Music.  So what service were they using when they lied to me?

Hi Isch, 
The original poster  of this issue solved it by sharing his XML file from within itunes. You can make this change too from within the Advanced preferences in iTunes like so: 
Migrated ImagePlease select this option in iTunes, then restart the soundTouch app and see if you have better luck. Let us know!
Thank you.