B847295
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

SoundTouch, Favourites and Remote Controller

Greetings

I see that favourites are now available from the preset menu of the SoundTouch App, however can anyone advise how these can be selected using the SoundTouch remote controller. If this is not currently possible could an enhancement be made to the SoundTouch Firmware to allow customised allocation of the Like/Dislike buttons to this function and potentially other user selectable ones e.g. selecting favourites from Music Libraries or other services.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: SoundTouch, Favourites and Remote Controller

Hello B847295, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is not something that is currently available. Favorites can currently only be added and selected through the SoundTouch application. However, I do think that this is a great suggestion and I will be happy to pass along your comments to our development team for future consideration. 

If you have any questions, please do let me know.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch, Favourites and Remote Controller

@B847295 wrote:

Greetings

I see that favourites are now available from the preset menu of the SoundTouch App, however can anyone advise how these can be selected using the SoundTouch remote controller. If this is not currently possible could an enhancement be made to the SoundTouch Firmware to allow customised allocation of the Like/Dislike buttons to this function and potentially other user selectable ones e.g. selecting favourites from Music Libraries or other services.

Thanks

I recently tried the favourites feature as well, so I am a little late to this party. I usually don’t get too excited about new features and tend to be a minimalist respecting feature creep. However, I realized a need for the favourites feature and began to explore. Favourites is a handy tool and allowed me to add extra Christmas channels. I have always been very happy with That Christmas Channel but my wife was looking for a little more variety. I had a look around TuneIn and was quite impressed with some of the additional Christmas music channels. Using the Favourites procedure I quickly had a handful of channels some curated especially for TuneIn and Amazon. 

My first thought was ok, how do I access these channels using the speaker remote. Well of course the cap is six channels. However having the channels stored in SoundTouch app at least I can grab my iPad and flash up the SoundTouch app to access the favourites list I created.

Using a tethered iPad or other mobile device seems to be the trend for a lot of these streaming services. I am accepting this now, I should, because I fully expect Airplay will run in this same fashion should it become available on SoundTouch. 

A shout out to Bose for adding this handy feature to SoundTouch!