DECT
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: Bose SoundTouch 30 Serie 3 update issue

I too am having the issue with gaps in playback using Spotify premium at full quality. I wonder is it something to do with the fact that Spotify free only goes up to 160Kbps and premium goes up to 320Kbps and someone in Bose added a bottleneck without realising. Either way this needs to be fixed ASAP. I had to reduced the quality to fastest streaming to stop the gaps in playback. The reduction of sound quality is pretty noticeable. There's no point in having such a good speaker if it can't be used to its full potential. Bose could really do with some help from Sonos on the network and software side. The wifi signal on the Soundtouch is completely inadequate, so much so that unless the unit is in the same room as your wifi router then there's little to no chance of it getting a signal when every other device in the house works fine. I ended up having to use a Powerline to hardwire the Bose to the router. The frequent dropouts and lack Airplay is another issue. If Sonos sounded better then Bose would be left well behind. Please fix this issue immediately. For such a high priced item it's just not good enough.

nwmgc
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

It does seem that reducing the streaming quality works. It’s certainly noticeable, but at least it doesn’t drop.

David Moore
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

At present our devices have not yet been offered this new version - with the problems mentioned.

We use Spotify Premium and playback with NAS also. We have apply devices too but can use this without problem via Bluetooth or HDMI (Mac Mini to Soundtouch 300) and therefore I am disappointed how much of this forum is taken up with Airplay discussions (yes we several Macs, an Iphone and a couple IPADs and do not use Airplay).

To Bose, please do not Mess with Spotify - please fix that before I would install this or any subsequet updates.

If you want to add another service like Tidal - go ahead, I tried it played to Soundtouch 300 via Mac - it sounds slightly Better than Spotify.

The update I really want to see if gapless playback - focus on that not Airplay 2.

If you want to add original Airplay that's ok.

Compatibility between the Soundtouch and Smart Home products are another aspect Bose should focus upon.

Airplay 2's big feature is multi room - a little pointless when we already have that.

jgjardim
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I do not have a soundtouch 30, but a 20 one and three soundtouch 10. The same problem is occurring here, since the update. I will reduce the quality as recommended by other users, but it is really a pity doing this considering the quality of speakers.

RC72
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Hello everyone

My tests (with direct ethernet cable to the SoundTouch) rule out that the problem is the Wi-Fi transmission speed.

Of course, Spotify all works well in other small amplifiers, via bluetoooth, so I understand it´snt a problem of Spotify either, and let's not forget that it all happens to us since the update of the SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10

I´ve tried to reduce streaming quality from spotify, as joeymarm and nwmgc indicated, I have also reinstalled soundtouch-app as indicated by SRNZ, but it´snt effective for me

but in the soundtouch smartphone app I can't find any place to reduce the quality of music.

*** could someone help me on this ??? .

We will agree that reducing the quality of music is not the definitive solution, sure, but that way we can listen to music without shouting BOSE's memory 😉

I find that there is only one real solution; that make a quick rectification of the next (and fast) update from BOSE

please !!!!!

despzz
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Dropout during song played (WIFI, Spotify Premium)

Hello,

I've been using SoundTouch 10 for almost 2 weeks. First week went great, but then in recent days I have noticed that during song is played through Spotify Premium (using WIFI) it get's interrupted for about 1 sec and then continuing playing. I am not sure, but I think this appeared after the latest update.

It becomes annoying as it interrupt's on average 1-2 times per song. This problem seems not to be on connection via Bluetooth to TV so I would look towards WIFI/network connection issue. I have good internet speed and modem. To modem there are connected 2 phones and 1 TV and modem is within good range to SoundTouch 10. I have already tried out factory reset but without results.

Thanks in advance and I hope you can help me out!

EDIT: Seems that almost everyone is having this problem after the latest update. 

joeymarm
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I’m using Spotify premium Incase that makes any difference. 

You can reduce the quality settings in the Soundtouch app by going to...

Settings

Music services

Spotify

Music Streaming Quality

I changed mine to ‘Balanced quality and speed’ and have not had any issues since. Obviously not ideal but at least it’s a fix for now!

PFF
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10

Updated the SoundTouch300 today and have lost connection to both bass module and invisible rear speakers. Now the unit refuses to pair. Have tried a factory reset - no luck!

help!

langge
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

Since upgrade to the newest firmware every few minutes there is a interruption on my Soundtouch 20.

Bose, are you guys testing before rolling out? It seems not. VERY unprofessional.

This embarrassing update needs an update asap!!!

The sound of the device is really good, but from software perspective this device is way behind the competition.

We regret the purchase... 

Plasmanut
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Bose, are you guys testing before rolling out? It seems not. VERY unprofessional.

This embarrassing update needs an update asap!!!

The sound of the device is really good, but from software perspective this device is way behind the competition.

We regret the purchase... 

Sums things up quite nicely. This is exactly how most of us feel. Great sound, absolutely abysmal software and integration with music service. Basically, it’s like Bose never got with the times now that devices are wireless and used in complex home ecosystems with a wide range of devices and music services. Simply not cutting it. 

I haven’t received this update, but since I don’t use Spotify, selfishly, I’m hoping it’s one step closer to FINALLY getting AirPlay 2.