Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10

Same 😂

Hilarius_derTraurige
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10 still NO macOS 10.5 Catalina Apple Music support!

This is another joke, Bose!

Lead Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10 still NO macOS 10.5 Catalina Apple Music support!

Hey everyone,

The 23.0.10 software roll out has been extended so not everyone will have it today. This is so we can address an issue that was found that affected audio dropouts with Spotify Premium. Rest assured we are actively working on fixing this as soon as possible and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  We will provide more information about a new firmware update once it is available. Thanks! 
naolembro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Please, what about the time-clock issue?

I have 5 Bose ST 30 and all I am using this feature. According to some users feedback, the clock is not being displayed anymore.

Thanks

Mikeaustin99
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10 - UPDATE November 19th

So you didn’t think to maybe Beta test your latest firmware upgrade with Spotify Premium? Wtaf. Its hardly an obscure platform is it? Sort yourselves out and get the fixed firmware update out. Completely ridiculous. 

murban4140
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Been a happy Bose owner of a Soundtouch 10 for the last 2 years UNTIL now...

I am a Spotify Premium member dealing with the all the audio drop outs when streaming over WiFi. NEVER had a issue until this 23.0.10 update...I currently have this "new" update and believe that is what GAVE me the issue...

What am I suppose to do here?

Almost at the pointy of ditching this thing on Ebay...

AmbuTom
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Firmware 23.0.12, what's new?

Last night I got a firmware update on the ST300. But what's new? I can't find anything on this forum.

And what about Spotify (free)? Is it available or not? 

And can we suspect google home integration? (Google assistant).

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12

Hey everyone,

A new version of the firmware, 23.0.12, has been made available to everyone that includes a fix for the Spotify Premium issue with dropouts.

In addition to the updates noted for 23.0.10 in the original post, this firmware also makes available Spotify Free for all SoundTouch users! After you have accepted the update you can stream Spotify Free by connecting to your SoundTouch speaker through the Spotify Connect App.

Thank you for your patience as we resolved this issue and we hope you enjoy!

Wayne M

DerGute
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Hello @Wayne_M ,

thanks for the update. In your initial Releasenotes you wrote:

In addition to these, additional features will be enabled in the future. We will have more details regarding these features at that time!

Did you only mean Spotify Free or can we expect that you will announce more Features with that release? I especially point to Airplay2

Best regards

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@DerGute wrote:

Hello @Wayne_M ,

thanks for the update. In your initial Releasenotes you wrote:

In addition to these, additional features will be enabled in the future. We will have more details regarding these features at that time!

Did you only mean Spotify Free or can we expect that you will announce more Features with that release? I especially point to Airplay2

Best regards

Spotify and Bose have done a nice job with this feature. The app sources SoundTouch, Airplay and a host of other wireless protocol enabled speakers. I found this link helpful:

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/bose/

Judging by the way the Spotify app works and the fact they are offering free connectivity I believe Airplay is not too far away. Apple has made much news about opening up their services and I am sure they are going to want to get manufacturers like Bose on the bandwagon.

Certainly Airplay and AppleTV has been a nice add on to my Samsung TV. Hopefully we will see Airplay and Apple Music on SoundTouch speakers in this fashion as well.