Webarcher
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12

After the latest update I’m not able to stream music via tuneIn. I get error 1005 and 4004. And an orange light on my sound bar 300. Bluetooth and TV input working well

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Reset your speaker

Log out of your account and log back in.

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

@DerGute Correct, the ability to stream Spotify Free is the feature being alluded to in the original post! Right now there are no other features with the latest firmware to announce at this time.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Tomcarpy
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2016

Spotify premium streaming uninterrupted after this latest update. Thank you Bose for sorting it quickly. 

Plasmanut
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

@Wayne_M wrote:

@DerGute Correct, the ability to stream Spotify Free is the feature being alluded to in the original post! Right now there are no other features with the latest firmware to announce at this time.

Which brings us back to the question of: where is AirPlay 2 at the end of November 2019?

gtext
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Any way to force this latest update? Not coming up for me. 

richjn
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

I have not been shy to express my frustration with Bose over Airplay 2 and will continue to do so until they deliver on their promise, however, even though I'm sure everyone involved would have preferred the buggy release not to have been released  I believe credit where credit is due! Bose were quick to respond and the updated firmware has cured the issue for me and hope it has for all users...... well done Bose.

Richard

Hilarius_derTraurige
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12 macOS 10.5 Catalina STILL NOT SUPPORTED

Besides AirPlay 2, announced mid 2017:

WHERE is the UPDATE for SoundTouch app macOS Catalina 10.5 and Apple Music library? 

David
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12 - UPDATE November 22nd - can you fix iTunes as well?

There's an old issue that's been hanging around for a few years, so while enhancements such as Spotify are good, it would be nice if a future update could address an issue with iTunes. 

If this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know where it should be posted. 

I would like request Bose fix the issue with iTunes library being on a PC drive other than C: (e.g. S:)

I have a 1Tb C: drive which is filling up because my iTunes content needs to be there for it to work with SoundTouch. I can move the iTunes library to S: (10Tb drive) but SoundTouch will not work with it there.

I’ve also tried the NAS option with a QNAP NAS as well but playlists and do not appear the same as if using it with iTunes on the PC. In fact, the playlist is completely different to what I have. I wasted a lot of time with the NAS option and have given up on it.

A similar question was posted to one of the forums back in 2017 and the "solution" was, it's not possible to configure iTunes to use an extremal drive because the SoundTouch App cannot work with it.

I would like to request this to be revisited because this must be a fairly common scenario and if it's possible to reconfigure iTunes to work with an external drive (which it is), then surely the SoundTouch App should honour the iTunes configuration?

Technically, this should not be difficult at all and why would you hardcode C: drive anyway?

Any chance this can be forwarded to developers to add to a future release?

Thanks.

RD11
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12 - UPDATE November 22nd

Thanks for the update! Can we anticipate being able to add other speakers when listening to a broadcast on the sound bar? Example- watching a sporting event and adding surrounding speakers through the house