Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.12 - UPDATE November 22nd

Hi gheghe_f,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are getting no power to your Acoustimass 300 and would be happy to help with this.

As you have already tried using another power outlet and testing with another power cable. It does seem like the Acoustimass isn't receiving power, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hi Everyone ,

I was considering purchasing the SoundTouch Music System IV. As always, I scour for reviews and found this forum.

I can't believe this company can have so many problems with this system and others. I will be using the wifi for many music services and just want to confirm whether the wifi still cuts out regularly after installing the latest firmware. 

If so, I'll stay away and look elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

I Would step away from Bose.

just Take a Look on their airplay2 Promise and then Build your own oppinion 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Currently, I am experiencing cut outs with Spotify Premium and also Sirius XM.  This didn't use to be the case but its gotten worse over time.  Instead of new firmware adding new features and improving things, recent firmware updates have tended to break things and Bose seems completely disinterested in fixing what they've broken.  The Sirius XM issue has been going on since summer.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

@BoseInq  - RUN from these products.

Bose doesn't really support Soundtouch anymore.  Firmware releases remove features and capabilities.  I personally suspect they a attempting to compel people to buy their newer products.  No other reason to make the various apps incompatible.

[we should all be prepared for the standard "from the ground up" "making the best experience for users" disingenuous Bose reply here...  but we know the reality is that each speaker is  uniquely identified in an app with different capabilities, i.e. a link isn't a wave, isn't a 20, so it is easy to define and manage capabilities across product lines and they've made exceptions before, so likely even easier in one app, so it is a business choice, and not a technical limitation]

A quick look around these forums and you'll see soundtouch is no longer developed. 

Buyer beware.  

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@BoseInq wrote:

Hi Everyone ,

I was considering purchasing the SoundTouch Music System IV. As always, I scour for reviews and found this forum.

I can't believe this company can have so many problems with this system and others. I will be using the wifi for many music services and just want to confirm whether the wifi still cuts out regularly after installing the latest firmware. 

If so, I'll stay away and look elsewhere. 

Thanks in advance for all replies.

No problems with my setup. When WiFi is stable, speakers are stable. Most cutout problems, in my experience, have been related to router issues. One of my speakers was too close to the router. Same with my AirPort Express. On the advice of @bose techs I connected them directly to the router using Ethernet. Problems with SoundTouch and Airplay 2 solved!

I have been using SoundTouch speakers for years. They have proven to be reliable and good sounding.

If you don’t already have SoundTouch speakers and voice control and Airplay is important to you, you might want to think about the newer Smart Home line. Otherwise SoundTouch speakers are a fine product.

If Bose made a larger Smart Home speaker like a 700 let’s say equivalent to the SoundTouch 30 I would recommend Smart Home for all new users. A lot of this still boils down to sound.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

@rickatk  - are you a "beta tester"?

over a thousand posts?  doesn't seem you are just interested in using the speakers to listen to music and is here for support.

you're answer seems disingenuous to me, and specifically didn't address @BoseInq concerns. 

I could be wrong, but it rather seems like an attempt to make the last post in this tread Bose-positive for people searching and looking at the last page...   

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hi Folks ,

Thanks to all that have replied. An update to my first post.

After I making an agreement with my neighbor this past Thursday after posting my first message here, he agreed to buy my SoundTouch IV in the event I had any problems with it for $500cdn. I ordered the unit on Amazon ( Prime ) that same evening and it arrived yesterday afternoon.

I hooked it all up this morning "by the book".... and had NO problems with the setup. ( Took about 1 hour with downloading the update )

I've listened to Sirius XM, Spotify, FM & AM stations ALL day and had NO issues. Not once did it cutout. It's only been 1 day, but I've had absolutely no issues.

For the record, I have Bell Fibe Internet. My SPEEDTESTs always result in a Ping value of 12ms or less, Jitter value of 2ms or less, and ALWAYS 0 ( zero ) for Packet Loss.

I'll post again IF I start having any problems.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

I just want to clarify my experience too. I have a bose lifestyle 600 in my media room, SoundTouch 20 in my kitchen & a pair of SoundTouch 10’s in my office. Had them for around 2 - 3 years & never had an issue with the 600 or 20. The only issue I’ve ever had is my paired 10’s ‘dropping out of sync’. This happened regularly around 2 or 3 software updates ago, but worked really consistently before the latest update. I use all of these these speakers every day. Interestingly since my first post, I haven’t really had an issue with the paired 10’s, so touch wood they continue to work together. Often I will sync all 3 rooms & crank up the volume. The quality is first class & I love the sound of all of them. I’m not buying into the conspiracy that bose are purposely degrading their products via poor software updates so that we are forced to upgrade to a new speaker. This is not a great business model.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 23.0.10

I am fed up with Bose line of products that promises connectivity for streaming services and delivers a 1 out 10 with just about all of them with their Soundoutoftouch subtechnology. Those who are content with the product are either non users of the soundtouch feature, or got lucky when devs hit the mark on their network setups. Doing a search for “Soundtouch” in a search engine pairs up with tons of complaints for the same exact reason. I tried every single suggestion there is on every blog with the same results, zero. I do must admit however that I found a pretty good solution to their incompetence ...Sonos, Echo Studio, or Marshall. Never again a Bose product.