Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

I updated 2 Soundtouch 10 speakers and both are at version 24.0.7. However, only one of them has AirPlay enabled while the other does not appear in the airplay menu nor is there an airplay option on the Bose Soundtouch app.

Note:

- Both speakers names are completely different from each other and there are no other airplay receivers.

- Tried to reconnect the speaker to the WiFi network

- Logged out and in of my account on the Soundtouch app

- The speaker without airplay was purchased a couple of years before the other one where airplay is working fine.

As with any new software, there are bound to be flaws. I do hope this issue gets looked into and is resolved swiftly.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

There are support articles on how to update firmware manually.

The linked firmware downloads (Update.stu) weren‘t updated, yet – probably on purpose. Would it still be possible to give the URL(s) here, so anyone who‘s been waiting for so long won‘t need to wait another week?

Or maybe someone with enough time and know-how can sniff the request (HTTPS) of a speaker that‘s loading the update … 😉

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

Great, not available for SoundTouch 10 in Ireland yet...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Just received the latest update for the SoundTouch 30 III, which includes support to Apple's AirPlay 2. Given that my internet connection is smooth and all my devices are on the same network, the update went smoothly from downloading, to actual updating, and discovering the speaker on the network.

This is a huge boost to sound quality considering this is Apple-Music audio quality delivered via WiFi too. For long, Bluetooth, AUX, and Spotify's portrait-audio-quality did not allow Bose SoundTouch 30 III to give its full potential; now with WIFI, the sound response is different, and when I set iTunes' "Sound Enhancer" to the fullest, not only did I get a crystallized audio where I can hear immersive things I couldn't hear before, but I also got a broad sound without having to raise the volume.

6B9480.JPG

IMG_7169.jpg

Untitled.png

I noticed a small bug, however; when I tried to pause the track using the Bose remote controller, the screen displayed the pause sign without actually pausing the track.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey all,

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying AirPlay 2 on your SoundTouch speakers, and the positive feedback and discussions that you've commented so far. 

We do not have any additional information on AirPlay 2 availability for products that are not listed in our announcement above at this time.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Someone who has it running could do us a huge favor if you find out the IP of your speaker and then post the output of

http://IP-OF-SPEAKER:8090/info

This may give us a hint how we could preliminary download the update 🙂

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@moredrums57 wrote:

I have a Soundtouch 130 System, will Airplay 2 and SXM work with my system? Please advise.

The latest announcement doesn't appear to include wifi adaptors. Not sure about SXM. I have seen the updates include the SoundTouch wireless adaptor in the past. Guess we will know soon enough as the update arrives.

Cinemate 130 with SoundTouch wireless adaptor.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Nothing yet in Central Ohio. Can we get a direct download link?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

All speakers have updated here in So Cal. Only one not updating is my SA-5 Amp. It shows software update but no airplay 2...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2017

hi, Looks like the update has not reached Japan yet.  Waiting impatiently.