Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

Hi, 

What is Airplay 2?  is it like casting ?  if yes we can cast any music app like Bluetooth or any restrictions on this ? Do we expect Google cast on Soundtouch series . 

Finally , can we expect the update on Wireless soundlink adapter & Lifestyle 535 II ?

jdale
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

This links to a manuel updater containing version 23. Any way we can get a version 24 link like what BoseDevXXX92 suggested?

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Wanted to make everyone aware of this helpful article for Using Airplay with your SoundTouch Speaker.

Also, just to clarify, the only SoundTouch products that support Airplay 2 at this time are the ones found in that article and on the first post of this thread, regardless of the Bluetooth capabilities of the device.

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jdale
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2017

Wayne,

Can we get a direct download link to force this update? It seems random and arbitrary this current waiting process. 

Anlee
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Does this release help connecting Bose speaker with Google home over WiFi (not via Bluetooth)?

MusicLover92
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 19, 2020

Thanks @Wayne_M ! 
Can you help us understand where the confusion with Bluetooth comes from?

This is what has been initially shared by Bose.

What has changed?

Why doesn’t the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter get AirPlay2?

I don’t mind the answer to be deeply technical. 

Itjunky
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

@Wayne_M 

There needs to be communication on what devices are next. I have several other devices not included in this batch. Will they every get it? Is it being reviewed? My understanding initially was anything with Bluetooth would get it. At this point, I am not trying to complain or argue. I just want to know what devices i should hold on to and what I should look at replacing. There must me a list somewhere of what would not be capable and what is being reviewed. Maybe this will be the only ones that ever get the update. Just a basic yes or no answer would be great. I love the Bose soundtouch platform and have no complaints. I just want to figure out how to continue to grow my system. 

vikranta
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2017

Hi @Wayne_M 

I have SoundTouch 10 and SoundTouch 30 III and Soundbar 300. All show version as 24.0.7 but airplay is active only on Soundbar. What gives? Someone recommended doing a factory reset and retrying the software update. I will probably try that unless you have a solution to this bug. 

Andy_B
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

In an effort to support the majority of products while ensuring high-quality audio playback, we made a decision to release the firmware to support products that have fixed audio latencies. Our line of SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and older Lifestyle systems have latencies that vary depending on connected accessories, which makes it hard to guarantee your audio will stream seamlessly and synchronized with all speakers in your AirPlay 2 group. 

Just because your SoundTouch system supports Bluetooth, does not mean that it will support AirPlay 2. 

@vikranta @edolecki @nitrowelder if you've successfully updated to firmware 24.0.7 and unable to use AirPlay 2 on your SoundTouch 10, or SoundTouch 30 III speakers, please reach out to support in your region.

I encourage other community members who may also be experiencing difficulties with accessing AirPlay 2 on their updated speakers to contact support directly. Click HERE, select your region, and use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
sbarts15
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Hi

Is there anyway for us impatient types to update manually (download the firmware)?

Thanks