Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

Well I used the same file for both 30 and 20 and they're both on 24.0.7 so I doubt that is the issue. But just to make sure there was no difference in the files for 20 and 30  I downloaded the one that was specific for 20 and retried with no different result. 

Anyways, my 20 is on it's way to Bose for repairs. 

The interesting thing is why I need to initiate/power on the speaker before it's visible for my iOS devices.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Same behaviour here as reported from other users:

1 ST 300
1 ST 20 III
2 ST 10

All devices have the update 24.0.7

Only the ST 300 appears as Airplay device. Tried everything as suggested in earlier posts.

Update:
I’ve noticed that the 2 ST10 work with Airplay as well, but only if I separate them from stereo-mode. At this stage, the implementation of Airplay this way seems quite useless.
Still no Airplay with the ST20 III.

Please Bose, fix this!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2017

@NeonsNight an leon 

I figured out what was the problem with 'ME'.. this is really weird.. it wouldnt update via usb or microsoft edge.. i didnt try from safari.. i then used google chrome from my windows laptop.. and i got it updated perfectly fine.. now whats with the browsers is a complete different story.. just posting this after 8 hours of trying it.. so someone else doesnt have to go through all of this.. thank you all for the help.. and the links.. 

regards

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

AirPlay not working on SA5

I just updated all my Bose ST 300 units and my SA5 to the latest version with AirPlay support (it’s been a long time coming). All of the ST 300’s work great with AirPlay but the SA5 is not showing up in AirPlay and it doesn’t have the new AirPlay icon in the Bose Soundtouch app. The SA5 is on Bose’s list of newly compatible devices. Am I missing something here? Has anyone else got this to work on their SA5?

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Is there a more prominent announcement somewhere?  This hardly seems adaquate.

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Is there a more prominent announcement somewhere?  This hardly seems adaquate.  Also, I don't see an announcement on the Bose Home Theater forum.  That's where most owner's of a Bose Soundtouch 300 go for information 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

I manually updated mit ST10 via USB cable, it went through normally and the system seemed to reboot, but now it's stuck only showing these 2 lights permanently...

bose.jpg

Any hints how I might recover my ST10?

Thanks!

Stefan

EDIT: After sitting at these lights for a long time, it's working now. Airplay is working too! So be patient... 😉 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2016

Had the same - just unplugged from power and waited 30 seconds.

also worked for my st300

kr, 

alex

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

I have updated my both st10’s succesfull. But my st300 blinking orange light (wifi and soundtouch) only when the updates begins. Do anyone know how to fix this? 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2016

had the same - as stated above

waited 15 minutes then unplugged from power and replugged after 30 seconds.

all is working fine here