Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

I have completed my whole home update manually. 

Total of 8 speakers (7 ST10s and 1 ST20). 

Some of my ST10s needed the unplug trick to reboot properly. 

Everything working great. My wife could not believe the ease with which we could play music around the house. 

Can’t believe it took this long but I’m just happy we’re finally here. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Can no longer get Sirius to play on Soundtouch 20's after update. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Re: AirPlay not working on SA5

I talked to a Bose tech support associate today on the phone and he confirmed that some of the early SA-5 were made without the required Apple MFi chip to allow AirPlay. They can tell by your serial number if this is the case. Bose was wiling to allow me to send back in my SA-5 and they will install the required hardware chip at no cost and return it to me so that it can work on airplay as designed. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

thanks to everyone that give us support, today finally I update manually my ST300 with the links provided here and works really good. better than keep waiting for the update coming to the app. 😄

[url=https://ibb.co/Qp4WSzP][img]https://i.ibb.co/GnqZYBW/F14-C2288-7-B60-4050-962-E-153-F650-FE834.png[/...]

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

Has anyone received the update in New York?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@David Moore wrote:

For those who did not get this update yet be patient, it's worth it.

I received it and applied it to my 2 Soundtouch 300s and Soundtouch 20 today.

Have good news to report - existing functions such as Spotify, NAS playback and play all are working as previous. I tested Airplay rom IPAD OS music player and also from Macbook Air running High Sierra 10.13.6 - works exactly as expected,

All good news....I whole heartedly agree, wait for the update to come to you as announced by Bose. Unfortunately this string is littered with those expressing problems and declaring failure by Bose because they chose to take the more adventurous “self update” route.

The rollout of this update is not atypical especially for firmware. Apple rolls out their updates in a similar fashion as do other manufactures. I would be very careful downloading unauthorized and possibly incomplete or corrupted update files. Especially when there is a possibility of “bricking” a speaker. Bose was clear,  the update rollout would be complete by February 25, 2020.  

@David Moore  great to hear your gear is updated and working well!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2016

Hi 

Ist it just me or do the Soundtouch Systems Sound differently after the update. For me it seems to be warmer and better to my ears. This applies to both 10 and 20 in my house. And not just when airplaying - also TuneIn and Spotify.

kr, 

alex

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

It WORKS!!
Thanks you so much!

My SoundTouch 10 is working so well on AirPlay 2!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7 - sounds different since update

I agree that it sounds different. Since hearing a friends Sonos system I felt that the ST20 focused too much on vocal clarity at the expense of the lower end, making it sound a little clinical. Since I updated it, the low range is a lot more prominent, making it sound much richer and warmer as a result