Feb 25, 2017
The drip feeding of the update is annoying to say the least. But no OTA update for my SoundTouch 10 in Ireland yet. Purchased it back in Dec 2015.
I will wait and do a manual update next weekend if not OTA by then.
We, also didn't get the update here in India....
But one of the users had published the update links as an XML File and many of the users didn't know how to download it.
So I've downloaded it and put it up on WeTransfer (Link valid only till 26th Feb 2020) to manually update SoundTouch 10 Speakers.
Be sure that your speaker model is 'SOUNDTOUCH 10' or else your speaker will get bricked.
Here's the link:
You're Welcome 🙂
Here's the link for SoundTouch 10 Update File
Apr 29, 2017
Here are the instructions and update files to manually updated systems, that as of today, support Airplay 2.
Doing an update this way does give you a slight chance of "bricking" the system, so please be careful and never power off a system when an update has begun. If you have any issues with an update, please call Bose tech support before you attempt to fix it yourself. So if you are going to update, please be prepared to not use the system for a while encase something goes wrong.
Please be aware that all supported systems will be updated by February 25th, so if you are willing to wait, you will get the update then :
- Lifestyle 550 / 600 / 650
- SoundTouch 10
- SoundTouch 20 III / 30 III
- SoundTouch 300
- SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier
- Wave SoundTouch music system IV
If you did not see your system listed above, your system (currently?) does not support Airplay 2.
If your system is compatible and updated to 24.0.7, yet you do not have Airplay 2 showing up on your iOS device :
- Please read this guide created by Bose to assist.
- Please make sure your devices meet the latest requirements from Apple found here.
- You’ll want to make sure your Airplay 2-compatible speakers are on and nearby, connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device and are updated to the latest software version.
- Please be aware that Bose has informed us that early versions will need a hardware update :
- "certain older products simply do not have the hardware components to support these features. For your SoundTouch product(s) [manufactured] before October 2015, it may be one of the devices built without the appropriate Apple authentication chip to support Airplay 2. If you have a speaker that supports AP2, have the update, tried the troubleshooting steps above and still cannot connect to Airplay, please reach out to one of our customer representatives here and we’d be happy to assist further."
- "if the digits 8 to 11 of the 17-digit serial number falls between "3001" and "5287" then the ST10 might be missing the necessary hardware to be Airplay 2 compatible." (updated info)
Links and instructions on how to update are listed above. Please know it might just be easier to wait at this point for the update to be pushed out to everyone, after all, it is being pushed out to everyone on the 25th.
If you are having issues, please read the selection on how to resolve them.
Some systems manufactured (not just when purchased) before 2016 will need to be sent to Bose to get a required hardware update to work with Apple's specifications for Airplay 2.
Could someone who already has the update tell me if Airplay2 does work when speaker is connected to network using wired connection.
Yes, they do. Assuming you don't have the ST10 as that does not have any ethernet ports.
Mar 24, 2018
I have a Soundtouch bar 300 and a Soundtouch Jc serie II.
They both have the last update.
I can group them and spotify works like a charm.
But I would love to use them with my apple TV. Unfortunately it doesn't show up when it's grouped.
The only way to have the apple tv playing on both is to use bluetooth but there is a big delay between video and audio.
Also evrytime I start the apple tv I have to manually choose my speaker.
Is there a way to play the apple tv on both systems ?
Thank you very much.