shuwn
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2017

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

It is now 2/26 00:00 in Taiwan. already updated.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Sheanair wrote:

In Ontario, Canada, and my Soundtouch 30 just started the update.  Wahoo!

Looks like it went live for everyone sometime after 10 am EST.

bskuntal@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

No airplay 2 update received yet for soundtouch10

No airplay 2 update received yet for soundtouch10 in India.

Any idea by when we can expect rollout of new update?

D15
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Today i got the update for my SA5 but after updating, no airplay option in the music app( i do see the apple tv ) and no option in sountouch app under advance setup.... anyone having this issue or its only me???? 

Xxeeno1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

My SA-5 is also in the same state - update applied and running current firmware.

Customer Support has issued an RMA for my device - which requires physically shipping the device (pre-paid label) and Bose will resolve the condition.  As previously reported in the Forum thread there are some early SA-5 devices which do not have the requisite hardware/software and it required Bose factory fix to resolve.  All said they expect this to take 4-6 weeks.

All at Bose expense and the device will carry an additional 12 month limited warranty once refurbishment completed.

this does require a call to Customer Support to trigger the return shipping label for the RMA.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I got the AirPlay 2 update this morning on my Bose Soundtouch 300.

doverosx
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

That’s great customer service! Reminds me of the old trade-up program.

Clower
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Updated my SoundTouch (ST) Speakers today. All speakers show that 24.0.7 is installed. However Airplay 2 only works on my ST Soundbar 300.

In addition I have two stereo paired ST10, one ST30 series III and an ST20 series II. Both my ST10’s and 30 should work with the update, but doesn’t appear on the Airplay 2 device list in my iOS based devices.

My iOS APP is updated accordingly, and I have tried all sorts of tricks (rebooting my devices, exiting and entering the APP, checked and rebooted the WiFi etc). Nothing seems to work. Any recommendations? Thanks ....

rudrudson
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

I have a question. Here in Germany I've got the OTA 24.0.7. update for SoundTouch10. 

But no airplay 2 support. 

The guy on telephone at Bose checked the ST10 Serialnumber and told me, that even with the 24.0.7. update you have to wait until they do the roll out. Can that be true?

What do you think?

KurticusRex
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

Actually, there is a VERY specific point to the post. Yesterday was -1 day from the last delivery day of the OTA according to the Bose announcement

With 5 ST AP2 compatible devices, I have been anxiously waiting for my region to have the update provided.  Was I doing something wrong? Did other people in my area get the update and I didn’t? No. We’re other people in other regions including mine experiencing the same thing? Yes... as evidenced by the many other forum users who confirmed the same thing - no update was available yet. 

So before you tell me what you think I should do or not do, which I will fundamentally reject in principle, perhaps you should consider the intent of someone’s post instead of assuming a contrarian post is in anyway helpful to the community. 

Best regards,