JoséV
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

I've got just this afternoon the opportunity to move to 24.0.7 for all my soundtouch products (app,10-20-30-waveIV-wirelesslink) but NOT for the soundbar 300. No update seems tobe available, and the side effect is that I can't use it anymore to play music onto it.

Any suggestions what to do now?

moorecharles
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

I have held out from buying other speakers because I like the Bose product.  This has been totally worth it.  I have a soundtouch 10 that now fits nicely into my apple ecosystem.   I have never been thrilled with the SoundTouch app used to control the features of this speaker.  I thought it was too cumbersome for the novice user.  

The update was painless and I couldn't be happier.

At least now I won't need to look at Sonos or even the Homepod because this integrates seamlessly.

Bravo Bose!

Charles

Sabsche
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Thanks BOSE, great job!

OTA update for all 12 SoundTouches came on time this afternoon in Germany. Perfectly working with Airplay 2 - nice and easy - unfortunately 10 of the speakers are paired to 5x2 sets. Well, let’s see. 

Smooth and easy installation, no comparison to the messing around with the manual update routine before OTA. 

Remarkable increase of functionality for free! Despite the confusing communication, which definitely has some room for potential, I’m a happy costumer. 

Now let’s focus on the issue with the SA-5 and everything will be fine. 

yuters
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

I buy a SoundTouch 10 on a clearance for half the price and I still get to have awesome updates like this? Airplay2 works flawlessly!

I should have bought like 4 but it's now sold out everywhere. It's hands down the best speaker for that price.

GEORGzer
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Also received the OTA update today in Austria.

However since my ST10 wouldn't show up, I did all the things you're supposed to do.

After having no success, I did some research in the german section of the board and the bose moderators over there stated that if the digits 8 to 11 of the 17-digit serial number falls between "3001" and "5287" then the ST10 might be missing the necessary hardware to be Airplay 2 compatible.

In that case you should contact bose support and the hardware will be added to your ST10 free of charge. Mine is "5256" unfortunately so I wrote them a DM, still waiting for the reply.

Maybe the moderators here can confirm this as well?

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Wait for the update.  I updated my Bose Soundtouch 300 this morning.  AirPlay 2 works great and sounds great.

Johngk
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

Hi,

It is glad to see updates. May I suggest a very important update for the Soundtouch 30 app to have an equalizer so the user can change the sounds of highs, mid-range and bass by user preference instead of just presets on the device. This is an easy update to the app. Won't you please do this Bose?

McKodiak
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2020

I have two SoundTouch 10s. I have tried everything to get them to show up as an Airplay2 speaker. Firmware is up to date. 

SoundTouch User
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2015

I just finished an hour chat with a rep. They can check the serial number to determine when the unit was manufactured. From this, they can tell if it is compatible with the update.

If the unit is incompatible, i.e. too old (prior October 2015), it needs to be sent in for repair.

Tigo11
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

The OTA here in Sydney, Australia came through this morning. The Soundtouch 30 Series III that I had was manufactured prior to November 2015, - so the Bose rep (after remote accessing my network and verifying that the speaker was indeed connected properly etc), - issued me a repair notice to return the speaker to Bose for repairs.