Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

Thanks much Bose. All works great on ST30iii ST20iii and 3 ST10 - actually I bought used boxes after the announcement. And thanks for free repair of a 4th ST10 which lacked AirPlay-ready security chip. 

My update requests: #1 ST10 stereo pairs support #2 Apple HomeKit group support #3 SoundCloud app support. Ok, make that optional 😉

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Very happy with this update. All my Soundtouch are updated. Big improvements in general including with significant reduction of the delay when streaming the audio of video content played on my Apple TV. Well done Bose !

The only problem I met is my ST10 (4) don’t appear as AirPlay device when paired as stereo speakers (2), either on the Soundtouch App or directly from my IPhone. But they do appear when not paired. I’ve tried to give them different name. No result so far. If someone can give help, thanks !

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

I have to say that I am loving the new update. i have been enjoying having airplay on my ST20 and also through an Airport Express that is connected to my Sony HT for the last couple of days without any issues. Bose have restored some of my confidence in them and I am no longer yearning for a move to Sonos or Denon. So much so that I am just eyeing up a ST300 as there are some great offers one them at the moment! Shame you can't get the AM300 anymore

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

While conversing with a Bose tech I learned a quick way to confirm if the SoundTouch speakers have the correct chipset.

Bose SoundTouch app> Utility menu(3 bars icon), Settings> Speaker Settings> select speaker > Advanced Setup: look for the Airplay option.

If no Airplay option, then your speaker likely doesn't have the correct chipset.

The Bose support tech will qualify the speaker and send a prepaid UPS sticker for shipping.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 16, 2016

@CH080579 wrote:

Shame you can't get the AM300 anymore

You can get the Bass module 700. It's the same hardware just renamed and compatible with the Soundtouch 300.

regards
Ingmar
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

Hi All,

I updated ST10 along with ST30 via SoundTouch app. ST 30 is working fine but ST10 is not. App shows firmware as latest one. AirPlay icon is there. It does not connect with Apple Music app but does connect with Spotify briefly then sound becomes choppy and then stops. At that point SoundTouch icon becomes solid amber and Wifi icon blinks white and then everything goes to solid white. 

I tried reset, 4 and - force update, no help. ST10 is new, bought about 2 months ago from Best Buy. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

update:

I spoke to Bose technician and he was suggesting to ship it for service. However to my surprise I found out that it works well with my old iPhone 3GS and also when using iTunes (12.6, I believe) on my iMac. Problem is with new iOS devices. It doesn’t work with my iPhone 7 and 7 plus. Furthermore with these devices Spotify works for a minute or two and then stops. Apple Music app does not work at all. I believe it’s a bug in the software rather than hardware issue. I will call Bose again but I believe they have done all the troubleshooting and won’t be of any help unless they find out any generic issue with the software release or unit need service which seems less likely as it is working with select devices. 
Cheers 
Bcvet 

Sent from my iPhone
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@rickatk wrote:

While conversing with a Bose tech I learned a quick way to confirm if the SoundTouch speakers have the correct chipset.

Bose SoundTouch app> Utility menu(3 bars icon), Settings> Speaker Settings> select speaker > Advanced Setup: look for the Airplay option.

If no Airplay option, then your speaker likely doesn't have the correct chipset.

The Bose support tech will qualify the speaker and send a prepaid UPS sticker for shipping.

That only works with Airplay 1 SoundTouch systems as they have an "AirPlay Optimization" option. It is there to fix an "Airplay [1] Delay Issue". It is not featured as an option in Airplay 2 systems.

If we cannot have Airplay 2 on other Bluetooth SoundTouch systems because :

"In an effort to support the majority of products while ensuring high-quality audio playback, we made a decision to release the firmware to support products that have fixed audio latencies. Our line of SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter and older Lifestyle systems have latencies that vary depending on connected accessories, which makes it hard to guarantee your audio will stream seamlessly and synchronized with all speakers in your AirPlay 2 group. 

Just because your SoundTouch system supports Bluetooth, does not mean that it will support AirPlay 2."

Why can it not be also added to Bluetooth SoundTouch systems? If this was added to Airplay 1 systems after all. Is this to do with Apple not allowing them to be certified?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

Super, Airplay is back.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Did some got airplay working on SA5? My manufacturing date is 2016 but after update no airplay support.... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

How long will this roll take, just saying its 26-Feb and I have not received the update....