rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

@Wayne_M 

There has been a suggestion that when a speaker comes back from the service centre it is considered refurbished and there is a 12 month warranty attached?

Can you please confirm if this is indeed the case.

Thanks. 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Nitram20 wrote:

Maybe the latency is not a problem with the Wireless Link Adapter and all devices simply lack the Apple Authentication Chip.

Indeed, updating the circuit board on these wifi adaptors, to accommodate Airplay 2, is probably not feasible at this point. I for one am not complaining. Bose has offered to update my Soundtouch 30’s circuit boards with Airplay 2 free of charge, including shipping. All this for speakers never designed for Airplay, I am thinking that is pretty good.

When I bought my speakers five years ago I bought them along with Airport Express adaptors. I never thought I would be looking at built in Airplay one day let alone five years later.

Thanks Bose!

Sybar
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

I’ve updated my iOS app and all three of my soundtouch 10 speakers indicate they have been updated to 24.0.7. Two of my speakers show the airplay icon in the source section of the speaker, in the app BUT my third speaker does not show the icon and all but this speaker can be seen by Apple iOS devices as an airplay speaker.

I have disconnected the rouge speaker and gone through the pain of reconnecting/ resetting it but still no airplay.

The speakers that work with airplay have the following product serial number

[removed by moderator] - works with airplay 2

BUT the one that does not work has a product serial number

[Removed by moderator] - does NOT work with airplay 2

how can I get airplay on this speaker

GEORGzer
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2016

Well if this is the case, then they should have just stated that the Wireless Link Adapter doesn't have the necessary chip to support Airplay 2. and not that latency explanation.

I wanted to use the adapter stand-alone, latency wouldn't have mattered in that case.

EDIT:

I created a new topic to discuss this offsite.

Airplay 2 for the Bose SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter 

izenteno
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2015

Hello, I updated my Soundtouch 20 series III to the latest software version, and I can't find a way to make Airplay 2 work. Everything looks exactly as before I updated the software.

Soundtouch software version: 24.0.7

What can I be doing wrong?

dsheehan
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2018

I now have 8 Airplay 2 speakers all Bose. 

Does anybody know if there is a Play All feature in Airplay 2 for IOS? Or, do I need to manually select each speaker within Control Center on the iPhone?

i tried playing around with the Apple Home app, but it seems I would need to use Siri. 

Plasmanut
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

@dsheehan wrote:

I now have 8 Airplay 2 speakers all Bose. 

Does anybody know if there is a Play All feature in Airplay 2 for IOS? Or, do I need to manually select each speaker within Control Center on the iPhone?

i tried playing around with the Apple Home app, but it seems I would need to use Siri. 

This is a great question. And the fact that it’s relevant is a good thing 🙂 it means we have AirPlay 2!

I wonder if this is something Apple is looking at for a future iOS update?

I streamed music ALL DAY from my phone (Stingray Music) and did not experience a single drop on any speaker. Plus, I answered and placed calls and it did not interfered with the music whatsoever. 

Living the dream 🙂

smm160
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Same issue for em. Both soundtouch 10 one airplay’s the other doesn't 

eric denis
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Same problem here with the SoundTouch 30 III and the SA-5. I see that it's quite common on the ST30 but anyone missing the airplay 2 feature on the SA-5 with firmware update 24.0.7?

mariofl
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

I have a Soundbar 300 and a SA-5 amplifier, both were updated with the new firmware t 24.0.7 but only the Soundbar 300 got the Airplay 2 Icon and appears on the airplay list on the Apple devices. Nothing happens with my SA-5, no AirPlay! Of course I unplugged it, unplugged the router, etc but still can’t get Airplay from the SA-5!!! Please what’s the next step?