Marty K.
Mentor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

Two possibilities:

a) you have another Airplay 2 device with the same name as your SoundTouch speaker - if so, rename one of them and try again

b) More likely, your ST20 Series 3 is a little older and doesn't have the required chip for Airplay 2.  If you contact Bose support, provide them the serial number of your speaker, they can confirm and if this is the case, you can ship it back to Bose and have the right chip put in for free, its supposed to take a few weeks.

PtUser
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Hi Sybar,

I have the exactly same problem.  3 out of 4 upgrade correctly, and one of them not.

This one was paired as Stereo Pair by the time the upgrade arrived. I don’t know if that was the cause of the issue. Did you had the faulty one also paired as Stereo Pair?

Thanks

Sybar
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Hi no none of my speakers were paired I think it’s because the single speaker is an older one waiting to contact Bose Monday to check. 

Daniel101
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

I love this update!!!  My two Bose 300s (with subwoofers) link up perfectly!  However, now I can't buy new soundtouch speakers because they are discontinued!  I hope Bose releases more soundtouch speakers or incorporates the Home speakers to be connected to the soundtouch network so I can play great sounding music throughout my house!  Bose needs to catch up with Sonos!

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Daniel101 wrote:

I love this update!!!  My two Bose 300s (with subwoofers) link up perfectly!  However, now I can't buy new soundtouch speakers because they are discontinued!  I hope Bose releases more soundtouch speakers or incorporates the Home speakers to be connected to the soundtouch network so I can play great sounding music throughout my house!  Bose needs to catch up with Sonos!

Bose surpasses Sonos on the sound quality front and are much better looking speakers. Agree, more SoundTouch speakers on the shelves would be a good idea.

jamie.heyward
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Hi,

If you're using Airplay 2 to stream to your 300's then there is no problem in using alongside anything from the newer range (the Home range) as they are also Airplay 2 compatible.

doverosx
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

It isn’t even close to the same functionality afforded by the Soundtouch software. He’s right, they have a fragmented product offering and need to catch up to Sonos in that regard.

smm160
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Same issue for me with 2 sound touch 10s one working one not. So I contacted Bose via their what’s app chat. They sent me a shipping label and are going to sort the speaker foc.

cbj
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2016

The recent Airplay 2 update worked on my Soundtouch 10 speakers but not my Soundtouch 20 Series III speaker. I tried all of the suggested fixes listed on the Bose support page and none worked. Anyone know how to make Airplay 2 work on my Soundtouch 20 speaker as well?

ldeffinbaugh
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2014

I have 3 that it did not work on, 2 10s and 1 30 III, and they sent me shipping labels to return them for repairs.

So we shall see soon