Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

@cbj wrote:

The recent Airplay 2 update worked on my Soundtouch 10 speakers but not my Soundtouch 20 Series III speaker. I tried all of the suggested fixes listed on the Bose support page and none worked. Anyone know how to make Airplay 2 work on my Soundtouch 20 speaker as well?

Check out the update section of this post. You might have to send your speaker for an update: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-Firmware-Update-24-0-7/td-p/274993

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 23, 2017

So how's about this case ? We are waiting for AP2 on this adapter . If anyone have new information , please reply here . 

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

OMG, you are exactly right!  I didn't realize I could now play the home ranges with Soundtouch!  This made my day!  Has anyone tried this?  Sounds too good to be true.  Thanks!

-If you're using Airplay 2 to stream to your 300's then there is no problem in using alongside anything from the newer range (the Home range) as they are also Airplay 2 compatible.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Bose, 

Please update us the staus on Airplay 2 on Bose Soundtouch Adapter...

Sound Touch / Smart Home  support Google Cast ? 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

What is "Home Range" Do you mean any music apps?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Home range, as in Bose Home 300 and 500 speakers. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

I have 2x Soundtouch 10 and 1 x Soundtouch 20 iii. All software updated. The Soundtouch 10s are working fine with AirPlay (eg Spotify can be played, shared, volume controlled), but the Soundtouch 20 does not show as an option. Have followed all suggestions in troubleshooting article, still no joy.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Didn’t see this before I posted my identical problem below (message 337). The link back to the troubleshooting article isn’t sufficient - have tried all that. We need more support from Bose. Help!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

Updated my SoundTouch 30 series III and it worked well with AP2 for a week. But now today it just stop working. There is no Sound. It shows the AP2 logo and song info on the display but without any sound. Everything else (Spotify, Tune In, etc) works well.

what can I do to solve this?

Bernardo

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 7, 2016

I am very happy, that Soundtouch supports Airplay 2.

I have two identical Soundtouch 30. But only one of them works with Airplay 2 after the 24.0.7 update? They are both Series III. Could there be any difference between the two speakers after all?

I have tried resetting - but still no Airplay 2 support.