rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

@troley wrote:

I am very happy, that Soundtouch supports Airplay 2.

I have two identical Soundtouch 30. But only one of them works with Airplay 2 after the 24.0.7 update? They are both Series III. Could there be any difference between the two speakers after all?

I have tried resetting - but still no Airplay 2 support.

Try logging out of your SoundTouch account then log back in. Contact Bose...one speaker may be older and in need of an update.

StayingFrosty
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Anyone have advise for sync issue with airplay 2?  I have upgraded firmware on both the 300 and 20 and there is a noticeable lag when playing both speakers through iOS.  The Soundtouch app does not have this issue.  Thx

grunr
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2015

I've got same issue ,. my Soundtouch 30 III and Wave unit show up in airplay 2 choices for output (on both computer and phone) but not my Soundtouch 20's III (2 of them)   All of these are the latest model with bluetooth capability.  

I signed out of Bose account on the software and signed back in but that did not resolve it.  All speakers have 24.0.7 version.

I am at a loss of what to do.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Likely manufacturer date is beyond October 2015. Contact Bose tech support they will help you.

Sybar
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Older SoundTouch 10 speakers ( c. 2015) need a chip upgrade to work with apples airplay2. 
contact your local Bose rep, see web contacts, they will check your products serial number and be able to direct you to a solution

Sybar
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Older SoundTouch 10 speakers ( c. 2015) need a chip upgrade to work with apples airplay2. 
contact your local Bose rep, see web contacts, they will check your product serial number and be able to direct you to a solution

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@StayingFrosty wrote:

Anyone have advise for sync issue with airplay 2?  I have upgraded firmware on both the 300 and 20 and there is a noticeable lag when playing both speakers through iOS.  The Soundtouch app does not have this issue.  Thx

Make sure all devices are on the same network and band. Try rebooting all devices and router.

AnthonyJ
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

I have 3 SA-5's and a Soundtouch adapter for the Lifestyle 535.

On the SA-5's: Ever since the most recent update, Sirius has not worked properly, and the devices randomly show up/disappear in the Soundtouch app on my iPhone and computers. Airplay 2 only shows up on 1 of them. On the Lifestyle: the TV screen kept coming up and saying that my adapter had been unplugged then re-plugged in so many times I had to unplug the whole console. It still randomly happens. I have installed and uninstalled the Soundtouch app multiple times. I've restarted my router, internet, re-added the Bose account, etc. ALL of my devices are hardwired using CAT5e. 

I used the setup cable to manually re-update the SA-5's with the newest firmware offered on the Bose site yesterday (3/4), and it's not any better. I did the same with a USB stick for the 525/535 adapter.

It blows my mind at the lack of quality control that Bose has, as this happens on every release. If i could sell all of the equipment back to you I would. How do we not have the option to opt-out/turn-off auto-updates. I demand a solution immediately for this.

doverosx
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

the lesson about reduced functionality and quality as a result of software updates is a lesson many companies have had to learn the hard way with. 

I’ve noticed reduced stability after the update downloaded to my brand new link adapter. So far my experience isn’t like yours, things are working just fine after powering off/on the Soundtouch devices. 

I’m not sure what is happening at Bose but the obsession with fancy colours over quality products is interesting. Perhaps it’s a result of MIT ownership? I like the sound signature improvements made to Bose products and the pro line is absolutely killing it, but the consumer stuff needs a clean up crew to stabilize and right the ship. 

[Edited by moderator]

Charlotte_G

Hello AnthonyJ,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I can certainly understand how disappointed you may be due to the recent problems with your SoundTouch systems, but we're here to help and I would love to support you to get your system back up and running to its full capabilities. As you have raised many issues, let's tackle them bit by bit so that I can be sure I am providing you with the most efficient support. It seems that you've already taken great initiative with the troubleshooting steps you have tested.

Let's start by touching upon the SiriusXM issue. Could you please detail what you mean by it has "not worked properly"? 

Regarding the connection issues with the SoundTouch app, are you running and VPNs or firewall?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!