Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

Since the firmware update none of my SoundTouch speakers, 2 x ST10 and 2 x ST300, work anymore.

Saturday, March 21st everything still worked perfectly. Since Sunday, March 22nd none of the speakers worked anymore.

The ST300s are hardwired to the LAN and the ST10s through WIFI. Tried all the classic things, like unplugging the speakers and plugging them in again, restarting router etc. The speakers cannot be used. In the app they generate three types of errors depending on what you try to play:

We can't play that right now. Please try again later (1005). (Internet Radio)

We can't access that Music Service account right now (1309) (Spotify).  

There was a problem checking for the update (4004/0)

Can you confirm that you pushed out a firmware update in Belgium between Saturday March, 21st and Sunday March, 22nd.

Apparently the testimonials on this thread show there is something wrong with Firmware 24.0.7 on some systems.  Do you acknowledge the problem?  And are you working on a fix or on a procedure to have it fix ourselves?

I am based in Antwerp, Belgium.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Stop torturing yourselves - this worked for me - took a long time but it worked - I have 11 units - TY

Courtesy of Marty K.

This was happening to me as well.  @deepanker100 posted a solution to this, so all credit to him.  1) remove the speakers from your account, 2) factory reset all of them (hold the 1 button and the down volume button for 10 seconds), 3) sign out of your account in the app, 4) create a new account in the app, and then 5) add the speakers back in to the account.  This has completely fixed the issue for me.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Stop tormenting yourselves - this worked for me - took a long time but it worked - I have 11 units - TY

Courtesy of Marty K.

This was happening to me as well.  @deepanker100 posted a solution to this, so all credit to him.  1) remove the speakers from your account, 2) factory reset all of them (hold the 1 button and the down volume button for 10 seconds), 3) sign out of your account in the app, 4) create a new account in the app, and then 5) add the speakers back in to the account.  This has completely fixed the issue for me.

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@BEYBOY wrote:

Stop tormenting yourselves - this worked for me - took a long time but it worked - I have 11 units - TY

Courtesy of Marty K.

I received two ST30 speakers back from Bose last week. They had the Airplay upgrade applied. Prior to adding the speakers to my SoundTouch network, I deleted my old ST 30 speaker profiles, signed out of my account then signed back in. Adding the newly refurbished speakers went without a hitch. Now I can link all my SoundTouch, Smart Home 300 and Cinemate 130 (via Samsung TV) speakers using Airplay. 

Thanks to Bose for the free hardware upgrade. I am no longer using  Airport Express routers to get Airplay to my SoundTouch speakers. I certainly didn't think,  when I originally bought these ST30 speakers, such an upgrade would be applied five years later. I’d say that is pretty good support!

I still remain very happy with Bose products.

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Wayne_M  Appears this discussion string is duplicated?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

Thank you! It's weird why there should be an error related to that, but I'm glad that it's fixed for now. 🙂

Bose, what happened?

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@BEYBOY wrote:

Stop torturing yourselves - this worked for me - took a long time but it worked - I have 11 units - TY

@BEYBOY I am impressed by the fact you have 11 SoundTouch units. Nice setup!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 22, 2020

Solved! Created a new account as indicated by BeyBoy. But as a shortcut, I did not disconnect the speakers from the original account. So I was able to discover the speakers on the existing network and add them to the new account. This made the process very quick because no need to put the speakers in discovery mode. After adding the speakers to the new account, all worked as before.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

I'm experiencing these exact same issues...my ST Portable and ST Jewel Cube which are not AP2 compatible did not get upgraded and are still working perfectly!!!  My two ST20s and two ST300s and ST120 are all bricking and Bose Customer Support is useless..."please reboot by yada yada yada..."

Help!!!

Slowly losing faith with Bose and am regretting purchasing my 12 various Bose SoundTouch speakers from them...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

It happened to me also today, 2 devices bricked.

How crazy is that, they launch an update on 18th of February that bricks the devices, and its 24th of March, the update is installed automatically still and there is no fix.