Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SoundTouch Firmware Update - 24.0.7

@Texinus wrote:

It happened to me also today, 2 devices bricked.

How crazy is that, they launch an update on 18th of February that bricks the devices, and its 24th of March, the update is installed automatically still and there is no fix.

Factory reset your speakers 

Sign-out of your SoundTouch account then sign back in.

Add each speaker again.

That should do it.

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Wayne_M wrote: We'll be locking this thread to avoid disjointed conversations. You're welcome to continue the conversation in the master thread, above. 

Hi Wayne:

Appears the conversation strings are getting mixed up.

Airplay 2 was locked citing duplication. There are no duplication strings of this discussion and it deals primarily with Airplay 2.

However the conversation about the actual Sound Touch update 24.0.7 has been duplicated. This discussion deals with the firmware update not just Airplay.

May I suggest you unlock the discussion about Airplay on Sound Touch then delete one of the duplicate discussions about the firmware update.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 21, 2020

Hi All,

So the "Remove Speaker, Create new Account, Reconnect" Fix worked!  Took some time as I have 12 Bose Soundtouch devices going back to the Soundtouch Portable and the Jewel Cubes but thank god!  Frustrating and stressed out but so glad I've got my music back.

Bose:  Stop upgrading or at least forcing us to upgrade...it works fine now so don't mess with it!!  Also, please notify your customer support folks so when we call for help, they don't tell us "we've done everything we can on our end (after 4 hours), it must be your ISP provider, please check with them and ensure the following settings are in place (20 default ISP settings sent)..." then quickly ends chat conversation.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

having the same exact issue! is there a fix??

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

i spent an hour with a bose rep on this issue. he said "I have never heard of this happening for anyone" and then put in a repair request to send my speakers back!? insane. bose support doesn't know anything about current issues from upgrades impacting its users. so frustrating!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

I had 11 speakers bricked this week by the firmware update as well.  Hopefully I get the time this weekend to try all the options suggested here.  You'd hope that Bose would have more robust QA/Regression testing than to roll something like this out.  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2015

Hi

this update has killed my SoundTouch products. After several years of reliable operation my cinemate , SA4 and my stereo JC soundtouch products now don’t work properly with Spotify connect. They connect once then there is a loud pop after a few minutes use, the displays go blank and then they then stop working completely until you power cycle them again. Exact same symptoms on each. 
Please can you advise, it is currently unusable. 
thanks

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

This update appears to have made half my SoundTouch speakers undiscoverable by the app. I have been through all hard factory reset and USB firmware update procedures, and have confirmed proper router settings. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Hi, 

log out and create a new account to associate your SoundTouch speakers. It solved all the issues I’ve encountered since the update. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

You are a genius, that did the trick!

Thank you.